Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@latts9923  @Angelinas  If i'm not mistaken i believe this marks the very first time i have seen all rating data populate on the skin without having to "reload"...thank you both for your hard work on this. This skin is pretty much the gold standard for Kodi.
@latts9923  @Angelinas I am also pleased to join in the thanks for the very good work done and for the time dedicated to us here on the forum  Smile
Does anyone know by chance why the status of all of my Tv-Showz are showing up as Ended when I have the information bar enabled? I'm running Kodi 19.3 with Latts Aeon MQ 8 skin, and I use Media Companion to source metadata for all my movies and Tv-Shows so I'm wondering if it's a specific field that's missing from the .nfo files why when I scan them into Kodi it's not picking up the correct status.

Full Disclosure, I realize this may be the wrong forum to post in for this question, but I've seen how active this thread is and thought someone here might know why this happens.  See below for a sample of one of the tvshow.nfo files created by Media Companion. The field in question is <status>Continuing</status>. Is this the correct field that Kodi expects?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
    <state>0</state>
    <title>Chicago P.D.</title>
    <showtitle>Chicago P.D.</showtitle>
    <sorttitle>
    </sorttitle>
    <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
    <plot> ... </plot>
    <uniqueid type="tmdb">58841</uniqueid>
    <uniqueid type="tvdb">269641</uniqueid>

<status>Continuing</status>

<runtime>45 min</runtime>
    <ratings>
        <rating name="tvdb" max="10">
            <value>8.4</value>
            <votes>1,787</votes>
        </rating>
        <rating name="themoviedb" max="10">
            <value>8.4</value>
            <votes>1,295</votes>
        </rating>
    </ratings>
    <userrating>0</userrating>
    <year> ... </year>
    <premiered> ... </premiered>
    <studio>NBC</studio>
    <tag>
    </tag>
    <genre>
    </genre>
    <episodeguide> ... </episodeguide>
    <language>en</language>
    <actor>
        <actorid> ... </actorid>
        <name> ... </name>
        <role> ... </role>
        <thumb> ... </thumb>
        <order> ... </order>
    </actor>
    <episodeactorsource>tvdb</episodeactorsource>
    <tvshowactorsource>tvdb</tvshowactorsource>
    <sortorder>default</sortorder>
    <scrapefrom>
    </scrapefrom>
</tvshow>
What do I set for Dialogue Case Art and Dialogue Character poster to have it cycle through my posters when I'm browsing my library and go into info view? I can see them all in Right List view but not when I'm looking at info for a movie.  It shows either just the main poster, or a blank spot when I select Character Art Poster from the drop down menu in library view.
(2022-03-06, 13:59)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]1. All of those variables ("mediatype", "mediatype_osd" and "widgets_mediatype") were updated in v1.0.2.0 I believe.
I manually dowloaded v1.0.2.1 from the link Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod v1.0.2.1 in the 1st page of this thread and in Kodi app from SETTINGS/ADD-ONS/ADD-ONS/INSTALL FROM REPOSITORY/LATTS' KODI REPO/LOOK AND FEEL/SKIN/AEON MQ 8 - MATRIX MOD as well. In the IncludesVariables.xml file it seems that the "mediatype", "mediatype_osd" and "widgets_mediatype" variables declaration is not updated as agreed. If I have to update the skin files when a new release is available from another source, please tell me where I have to go.

(2022-03-06, 13:59)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]2. I made the requested changes to the "mpaa" variable. It will be part of the next update.
Besides <variable name="widgets_mpaa">, <variable name="mpaa">, <variable name="mpaa_ext">, <variable name="mpaa_fs"> variable declarations I have previously found, I believe that the same changes have to be applied to <variable name="value_mpaa_detailed_white"> and <variable name="value_mpaa_detailed_colored"> as well. So, please feel free to apply these changes everywhere you consider that changes as needed for having an homogeneus rules setting for the mpaa rating icons management
(2022-03-06, 13:59)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]3. You're right...I forgot I was going to try and make my own Italian MPAA icons.
4. You're welcome! I have the more/less media flags button implemented for TV Shows. It will be part of the next update.
5. Yep, I see what you mean. The Unites States country flag image is now the same as the other two. Thanks for letting me know!
Thanks a lot

(2022-03-06, 13:59)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]6. I've checked the mpaa code for the pause screen, and it matches the other variables. Do you not see any MPAA ratings in the pause screen?
I don't see any mpaa rating info in the pause screen and information screen as stated before. To be sure, I've checked the pause screen behaviour for different mpaa rating icons belonging both to the same country rating system and belonging to different country rating systems with the same result... for my curiosity, where can I find the mpaa code for the pause screen and information screen?
@Shredder_guitar
@Jumpy73
You're welcome! I've added the Metacritic Critics info provided by Skin Helper to the Video Info screen. This will display...if available...and if the info is missing from the NFO. And thanks to Angelinas for the Skin Helper update!

@Jason.Bourne
I've added code to display the NFO status to the Video Info screen. It will display this by default, and use Skin Helper as a backup if missing from the NFO. It will be included in the next update.

@RCBodyslam
I fixed the problem with Dialogue Case Art not displaying in the Video Info screen. It will be included in the next update. Thanks for letting me know!

The Dialogue Character Poster setting displays an actor's Character Poster by using the Character Poster resource Add-on. That is now available to install from my repo. You can also read more about this feature here, as well as see a video of it in action.

WARNING TO ALL: If you install v0.0.2 of the Character Poster resource Add-on from my repo it will overwrite any Movies that you may have added to the resources folder. Be sure to make a backup before installing.

@Jumpy73
I just verified that all three mediatype variable use the same code. This will be included in the next update. Thanks for the request!

I just updated the code for the "value_mpaa_detailed_white" and "value_mpaa_detailed_colored" variables. This will be included in the next update. Thanks for the request!

Open DialogSeekBar.xml and find "mpaa_fs". That variable controls the MPAA flag in the Pause screen.
(2022-03-11, 19:19)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Jason.Bourne
I've added code to display the NFO status to the Video Info screen. It will display this by default, and use Skin Helper as a backup if missing from the NFO. It will be included in the next update.

@latts9923 
Thanks a bunch.
Anyone want to lend me your thoughts on which scraper is the best for TV Shows?

Thanks
(2022-03-12, 21:13)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone want to lend me your thoughts on which scraper is the best for TV Shows?

Thanks

For me personally I find TVDB works best.
Maybe it's just me and I have to tweak some settings somewhere.  In the dialogue info screen, I'm getting the actor thumbnails but the names are not showing up below.  If I hover over them and enlarge the picture then it displays the name at the bottom.  If I'm not mistaken, before t would display all the names at the bottom of everyone's picture.
(2022-03-12, 21:13)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone want to lend me your thoughts on which scraper is the best for TV Shows?

Thanks
I found "The TVDB (NEW)" to works best for me using NVIDIA Shield Pro 2019.
Oh nevermind, it looks like for whatever reason my library scraped properly including the actor thumbs but somehow the names were not scraped.  I tried readding my library and it worked fine. Smile
(2022-03-11, 19:19)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]Open DialogSeekBar.xml and find "mpaa_fs". That variable controls the MPAA flag in the Pause screen.
Hi @latts9923
the same "mpaa_fs" variable is used both in Media bar for Right list view and in the Information or Pause screen. Even if the link contained in the variable "mpaa_fs" is apparently the same in both the cases, though in the 1st case the mpaa rating icon appears, so it works, in the 2nd case the mpaa rating icon doesn't appears, so it doesn't work!

What is going wrong?  Huh
Is anyone else using this skin on an X-Box? I had been having a ton of issues with it on 19.3 and was hoping doing a fresh install and upgrading to 19.4 would resolve some if them but it didn't do anything. A few of the things 

Can't get *any studio icons from any repo (white or colored, Latts or Kodi ) to show in main menu widgets or Library view.And In Right List Library view, it doesn't even show the studio name for any of them but I can see it in Movie info./Dialogue.
The only library views that show any posters are Right List and Kodiflix. Every other ones are just blank, except for a handful of movies and sets. But I can see the posters when I go into Dialogue/Info view. Except for the Character Art ones.
In main menu, using Random (or any) library movie widgets, it doesn't cycle thru the extra fan art. But it does in Library view.
Banners and logos don't show in *any music visualization screen.
And Extended Info Script looks like it's just broken on XBox One. Doesn't work with *any skin.😟
​​​​​​There's more. But I don't have all of these problems on my Fire Cube 
Any other XBox users having any of these issues? MQ8 mod used to work like a charm on Leia but since the Upgrade to Matrix, ughh. And this is all happening on a fresh install of 19.4. too. Any ideas? Anyone? ...Bueller?
Hello @latts9923.
After the update, in the music video section on the main screen, one of the video codec media icons (Blu-ray, 4k or HD video) is no longer displayed. It displays normally on the info screen.
This happened in the previous update, and in version 1.0.1.8 everything worked. In the movies section, everything is displayed normally.
Same issue with Aeon MQ 8 Multi-Mod.
(I'm attaching a screenshot just in case)

Thank you again.