Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Way to map button for Gyration GYR3101US Media Center Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Gyration GYR3101US Media Center Remote and it is working well for basic functions such as play, stop, go back to previous screen, up/down/left/right etc. and as an air mouse. And I wonder whether there is way to may a button to a specific function. For example, the remote has 12 buttons, 10 for digit '0','1','2',...'9' plus "*' and '#'. If possible I would like to map button '0' to Keyboard key 'S' which bring up the shutdown menu.
Use the keymap editor HOW-TO:Modify keymaps (wiki) and Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki)
(2020-11-15, 22:28)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Use the keymap editor HOW-TO:Modify keymaps (wiki) and Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki)

Appreciate the quick answer. this gave me the resolution.
(2020-11-15, 20:02)easy123 Wrote: [ -> ]I am using Gyration GYR3101US Media Center Remote and it is working well for basic functions such as play, stop, go back to previous screen, up/down/left/right etc. and as an air mouse. And I wonder whether there is way to may a button to a specific function. For example, the remote has 12 buttons, 10 for digit '0','1','2',...'9' plus "*' and '#'. If possible I would like to map button '0' to Keyboard key 'S' which bring up the shutdown menu.

I have the following in my keymap.xml...

Code:

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <zero>XBMC.ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</zero>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

It does what you're looking for although it does it by invoking the shut down menu directly rather than mapping 0 to S.

Andy
Thread marked solved.