Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple instances of Kodi in one Raspberry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

First of all, I am a noob for Kodi and also Raspberry Pi. I am setting up a home automation system using Home Assistant. I also wanted to use the same raspberry pi for playing audio. 

When using sd card, it is possible to use volumio as OS and setup home assistant on it. But I am using usb boot (ssd), which volumio does not support yet. So I installed Rasberry OS, Home Assistant Supervised (using docker) and Kodi. I can control Kodi from my home assistant instance. I even don't know how docker works. I only followed some instructions and made some trial-error.

But, 
1) I could not managed to install spotify plugin.
2) Is it possible to install two Kodi instances in one raspberry pi 4 and make multizone mediaplayer (also with syncing option)? I can use a USB DAC for one instance, and onboard sound card for the other instance.

I am not using HDMI out. I access Kodi with web ui. But even if HDMI output is a must in Kodi, raspberry pi 4 has two of them. One can use one output, and the other can use the other output; but both should work simultaneously.

Is it possible? 

Also I will need FM radio eventually. This system is for a rv. When internet is out, fm radio would be nice. I found an add-on for that in Kodi. I could not try it, because I just bought the usb radio module. This kind of an add-on is also non existant in volumio.