Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi refuses to add movie to Library on Android but success on Windows.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

I'm experiencing an issue getting Kodi to add a movie to my Library on my nVidia Shield device (Android OS). The movie is "The Conjuring". The odd thing is that the movie indexes properly when I install Kodi on my PC. So here are the details:

Both versions of Kodi are the same (18.9 Leia)
Both versions use the same folder on my PC, they are using the same files. The nvidia shield has access to the folder on the network via SMB.
Both versions are using the Universal Movie Scraper 5.4.4
Both Movie Scraper Settings are identical.
The movies are named using the accepted format: "Movie Name (Year)"

The Kodi installation on my PC adds all the movies to my library, including "the Conjuring". BTW,  the sequel movie "The Conjuring 2" is also indexed and added to the library. They are both filled in with information from the online scraper.

The Kodi installation on my nVidia Shield adds all of the movies to the Library but has trouble identifying some of them and also stubbornly refuses to add The Conjuring. Oddly enough it has no trouble adding "The Conjuring 2". When I go to my Media Sources and click on the movie and choose "Scan to Library", it fails to add it because there's "no information available". I can try to add it repeatedly but it simply won't add it to the library. I've tried modifying the file name and even removing and rescanning the source folder but it still refuses to add this one movie. Only on the nVidia Shield device.

So, why would two seemingly identical installations behave so differently with the same movie from the same file source? Why is The Conjuring so easily indexed on one installation and not on the other despite identical setups?

Is there a way to manually add a movie to the library and force it?

Any tips are welcome.

Thanks,

Viken
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2020-11-28, 22:30)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

I'm not sure how I can get the logfile off the nVidia Shield device?
(2020-11-28, 22:37)vikenk Wrote: [ -> ]or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki)