Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tubed (A YouTube client)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
  Tubed

Tubed's use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements. For more information on how your data is handled see Tubed's Privacy Policy at https://panicked.xyz/tubed-privacy/

Watch your favorite YouTube content on Kodi.
You’ll be able to browse your favorite content from YouTube; create, delete, and rename playlists; subscribe or unsubscribe from your favorite channels; and rate your favorite videos.

Privacy Policy   PRIVACY.md
Readme             README.md
Issues                 GitHub 

Kodi 19 beta2+ required

Tubed is available for installation from the official repository or the testing repository.
Access to your favorite YouTube content without the need to create or enter any API keys.

Tubed is OAuth verified, this means there is no 100 login limit or warnings during sign-in. The add-on does still have a limited quota, and increases will be requested when those limits are hit. I appreciate your patience with this.
Reserved
Reserved
It says there is a dependency problem on kodi.global something 1.0.14 something... (I'm running Kodi 19 from the nightlies ubuntu ppa)..
@kodden 
I'd need the debug log (wiki), not sure what'd be causing that.
Get the error message :
"dependency on xbmc.python version 3.0.0  could not be satisfied "
Trying to install from zip file
(2020-12-01, 15:27)poppascoop Wrote: [ -> ]Get the error message :
"dependency on xbmc.python version 3.0.0  could not be satisfied "
Trying to install from zip file

Are you trying to install this on Leia (v18) or earlier?

It requires Kodi Matrix (v19) to work. V19 uses Python3 (which this addon is written in), whereas the older Kodi versions only support Python2.
(2020-12-01, 15:46)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Are you trying to install this on Leia (v18) or earlier?

It requires Kodi Matrix (v19) to work. V19 uses Python3 (which this addon is written in), whereas the older Kodi versions only support Python2.
I forgot I rolled back version because I was having issues with Matrix. 
My apologies.
I was trying this on an alpha version (Kodi-19-20200422) and got the following error "CAddonInstallJob[plugin.video.tubed]: The dependency on kodi.binary.global.main version 1.3.0 could not be satisfied."
On beta 1 it's running fine though.

Another thing is that in beta 1 it only lists InputStream Adaptive as dependencies while on alpha it has a whole bunch, but I guess that has more to do with Kodi then the addon.
Tubed v1.0.1 is now available from the official repository for Kodi 19
Gave it try, looks nice Smile but has some issues.

tubed v1.0.1+matrix.1
All this was seen while logged in.
1) Adding a channel to favorites does not seem work. It accepts adding a channel I'm subscribed to via the context menu,
but afterwards "Favorite Channels" is still empty.
Code:
2020-12-07 03:34:09.710 T:7419     INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2020-12-07 03:34:09.716 T:7419     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(9, /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tubed/resources/lib/addon.py): script successfully run
2020-12-07 03:34:09.716 T:7997    ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.tubed/?mode=favorite_channels
2020-12-07 03:34:09.718 T:820     ERROR <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.tubed/?mode=favorite_channels) failed

2) Playlists -> Watch Later fails to load.
Code:
2020-12-07 03:35:36.653 T:7419    ERROR <general>: [plugin.video.tubed][api][decorators] API request failed:
                                                     {'error': {'code': 404, 'message': "The playlist identified with the request's <code>playlistId</code> parameter cannot be found.", 'errors': [{'message': "The playlist identified with the request's <code>playlistId</code> parameter cannot be found.", 'domain': 'youtube.playlistItem', 'reason': 'playlistNotFound', 'location': 'playlistId', 'locationType': 'parameter'}]}}

3) In "Playlists" "Saved playlists" are not present. Only the ones I created myself can be seen.
Eg. in the web browser go to channel that has playlists.
Click "View full playlist".
Click "Save playlist" button which saves the playlist to your account (channel).
Those saved with "save playlist" do not appear in tubed (they do appear in your youtube addon tho).
Playlist created from scratch do appear normally.
@asavah 
Will need to debug log (wiki) to help with the errors.

For #2 did you set a playlist (created by you) as your watch later?

#3 Sadly Saved Playlists aren't available from the API. This is something this add-on must adhere to, to have any chance of quota increases.
Hi. Love this.

When I'm trying to watch trailers on kodi how can I get it to open in tubed as default. It wants to open the original you tube add-on (which I've disabled now).
(2020-12-07, 04:07)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]Will need to debug log (wiki) to help with the errors.

Sorry it was too late and I was falling asleep. Will provide a proper debug log when I get home.

(2020-12-07, 04:07)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]For #2 did you set a playlist (created by you) as your watch later?

Nope, I thought it was "default" youtube's "watch later" playlist.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9