Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: bookmarks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what i'm missing is - by bookmarks i can't change layout as on other groups:  see my  photo , in dutch...
at the installation i can not find how can I adjust this as this picture shows...

(2020-12-07, 16:24)slawomir Wrote: [ -> ]what i'm missing is - by bookmarks i can't change layout as on other groups:  see my  photo , in dutch...
at the installation i can not find how can I adjust this as this picture shows...

@slawomir , I apologize, I do not understand what your issue is.  You are saying that you do not get a list of different view types? What version of Amber are you using? Kodi Leia or Matrix? In order to get the latest functionality from Amber, I suggest that you install the Amber repo.  There is one for Leia (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip) and one for Matrix (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip).  Update Amber from there.

Please provide me additional information on the issue you are having, so I know better how to help.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
hi bart, i have amber 3.2.23 on kodi 18.4 leia...what i mean/need is the same ? layout -view types by my bookmarks -i only see the small  ?four -squares ..when i return , being on bookmarks , this view types ?choice does not appear  like everywhere. my picture shows that  in all different group i can choose the ?division but not in bookmarks ..do u follow me now?
(2020-12-07, 17:21)slawomir Wrote: [ -> ]hi bart, i have amber 3.2.23 on kodi 18.4 leia...what i mean/need is the same ? layout -view types by my bookmarks -i only see the small  ?four -squares ..when i return , being on bookmarks , this view types ?choice does not appear  like everywhere. my picture shows that  in all different group i can choose the ?division but not in bookmarks ..do u follow me now?
@slawomir , thanks for the additional information.  Unfortunately, I do not know what you mean by "bookmarks".  Can you please post screenshots that show what you are seeing? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bookmarks- favorites
(2020-12-07, 18:29)slawomir Wrote: [ -> ]Bookmarks- favorites
@slawomir , thanks for the clarification.  You cannot change the view type on the favorites window.  This is not a skin issue, this is just how Kodi works.

Regards,

Bart
its not logical as in other groups is possible why not in this one?  could you pls deliver this message to the makers of kodi? i dont know if this already is possible in the latest version...
(2020-12-08, 14:54)slawomir Wrote: [ -> ]its not logical as in other groups is possible why not in this one?  could you pls deliver this message to the makers of kodi? i dont know if this already is possible in the latest version...
@slawomir , I do not know the technical reasons why this not possible for Favourites.  Perhaps @ronie can shed some light? 

Regards,

Bart
view types can only be added to (media) windows. since favourites is a dialog and not a window, it's not possible there.

in the past there's been some discussion on turning favourites from a dialog into a window, but there wasn't too much interest from skinners...
mainly because there's no metadata available for favourites, as you only have a label and a thumb.
with this limited amount of info available, it isn't really possible to create some interesting views.
hi ronie, thank u for your explanation - now i know more  how it works.so ,its not the matter of kodi as bart says but the mater of skin as u talk about skinners...the conclusion is that skinmaker can not add it as the kodi does not allow it , am i right?  if this - what i and many other users would like to have=enjoy it- is technically possible for kodi or skinmaker/s , i dont see a reason to adjust it at last. this way u make kodi more interesting and more pleasant to use it, don't u think so too?