Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FireTV 4K/ Kodi18: Persistent sound problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently replaced my NUC with Libreelc with a FireTV 4K in the hope of reducing from 2 devices to one.
The FireTV as well as the NUC are connected to a Marantz 1609 (5.1) via HDMI and I want to use Passthrough. TVHeadend as backend unchanged like the NUC.

So I have successfully installed Kodi 18 from the FireTV and now the problems start: Picture is not an issue - it's there quickly and everything is fine, but sometimes the sound hangs for a minute or more, sometimes it doesn't come at all and even crashes Kodi when changing channels. I have read a lot on the net and played a lot more with the sound options in Kodi, unfortunately without success.
I have the feeling I have read too much and don't know what to believe anymore. Therefore the question here in the forum:
Does anybody have a similar setup?
How are the sound options chosen?
Are there similar problems?

Many thanks in advance
kodi having issues with the passthrough device on the latest fireOS update.  you will have to force device to use RAW and go from there.  you will not be able to passthrough anything besides DD and DD+ . everything else will be transcoded