Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Couldn´t connect to network server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I´m using KODI installed in an Amazon FireTV - android version
My KODI was working properly until it stopped showing the servers when I click on any of the options in the repository (TV Shows, Videos, etc...)
I tried everything. Updated the version to 18.9, clear the cache, clear the data, removed all the sources and repositories, installed all again, checked all the configuration in FireTV and it continuous showing always the same message - " Couldn't connect to network server"
I removed the KODi and I did the whole installation from scratch but continue showing the message " Couldn't connect to network server" when trying to instal a new Add-on source
it seems that it´s not recognizing the internet however I´ve checked in the configuration and the internet is connected  - something is blocking the connections with the sources/repositories - I´ve already checked the unknown sources configuration - it´s on 
All the other applications in FireTV are working properly. 

has anyone seen this error? can you help me?
Could it be that your server has been changed from smb1 to smb2?
(2020-12-10, 02:17)Apr18 Wrote: [ -> ]" Couldn't connect to network server" when trying to instal a new Add-on source
Could it be as simple allowing outside 3rd party add-ons to be installed? Check your firewall to ensure you have an exception poked for Kodi. Debug log please.
(2020-12-11, 23:30)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-10, 02:17)Apr18 Wrote: [ -> ]" Couldn't connect to network server" when trying to instal a new Add-on source
Could it be as simple allowing outside 3rd party add-ons to be installed? Check your firewall to ensure you have an exception poked for Kodi. Debug log please.

Hi Patk
thanks so much but I´ve already configured it to allow outside 3rd party add-ons. It´s not this configuration. I´m using Kodi at my FireTV on so there is not a firewall running but thanks anyway
Do you have any other tip?
(2020-12-11, 09:46)hallergard Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be that your server has been changed from smb1 to smb2?
Hi Hallergard
I´m not sure if I understood your answer. COuld you be more detailed? Not sure if I know what smb1 is.
thanks in advance