Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fire tv cube 2019 screen resize
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i bought a new fire tv cube 2019. when i watch movies i like having the full screen but unlike the firesticks which expand the screen proportionaly veritically and horizontal making the picture still look good the cube just expands vertically making the picture distorted. is there any thing you can do to fix this cube setting kodi setting etc??
There's a number of settings you can have a look for (I don't own one of these cubes). You must have a full screen in the Android or TV lean back interface? There must be a a way to ensure the screen size of that home page in settings? On your TV if it's a flat screen 16:9 aspect (more modern vs a cathode-ray tube type display) there is likely some tools to use 16:9 or just scan or 1:1 pixel or even some overscan settings. Next attack would be to try and set the screen res in Kodi for the max, then use the video calibration tool in the full screen OSD to specify the corners of Kodi. And as a last effort whitelist needed resolutions as per your hardware specs... A debug log would talk volumes in this regard.