Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi stuttering on Firestick 4K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use kodi on Firestick 4K. Earlier Kodi works great, but yesterday suddenly i get some problems.
1. Stuttering, not too much but enought  to not be pleasure experience, its like video have 15fps. 
2. When i type home button Kodi should go to main menu, and it go before. But now it play under skin. 
Advices?
upload
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2020-12-13, 10:23)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

I play movie, back to home and movie still play, so i hope problem will be solved.
Also i hope that you will see why my movies are stuttering?
??
(2020-12-14, 17:21)123321 Wrote: [ -> ]??

Are you in a hurry? In case you wondered, we have no magic wands like Harry Potter. I don't have any Firestick hardware experience myself, so for now we will have to wait if anyone else with similar experiences or Firestick hardware knowledge can poke us with a possible answer.
Thread moved to Android support
(2020-12-13, 09:32)123321 Wrote: [ -> ]I use kodi on Firestick 4K. Earlier Kodi works great, but yesterday suddenly i get some problems.
1. Stuttering, not too much but enought  to not be pleasure experience, its like video have 15fps. 
2. When i type home button Kodi should go to main menu, and it go before. But now it play under skin. 
Advices?
upload
See here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2993429

The new 6.2.7.7 FireTV firmware has broken Kodi passthrough support and is causing Kodi to stutter and crash. In some cases, it causes the entire stick to become unstable and require you to cut the power and restart it to get it working again. You have to disable passthrough if you have it on. Use Kodi's default audio settings until the issue is fixed. Keep looking at the thread I linked for new developments.
(2020-12-14, 23:37)Kodroid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-13, 09:32)123321 Wrote: [ -> ]I use kodi on Firestick 4K. Earlier Kodi works great, but yesterday suddenly i get some problems.
Advices?
upload
See here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2993429

The new 6.2.7.7 FireTV firmware has broken Kodi passthrough support and is causing Kodi to stutter and crash. In some cases, it causes the entire stick to become unstable and require you to cut the power and restart it to get it working again. You have to disable passthrough if you have it on. Use Kodi's default audio settings until the issue is fixed. Keep looking at the thread I linked for new developments.
I disabled updates, i am on 6.2.7.6. Audio is good, image is stuttering. Before everything works good, and suddenly this start to happen.
I think its not because of stick because other apps work good.
I also have another problems:
1. When i delete tv shows, it still appear at library, even if i have watchdog addon and disable to show empty tv shows.
2. When i add movies, somethimes its not show at the library. So i must go to files, movie folder and scan particularly that movie to be shown in library.