Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: The Screen Gets Dim When There is a Dialogue in a Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys.

I want to share my problem with KODI on Sony KD-43X7500F on Android 9.
I think the problem starts after I update my TV to Android 9 few days ago.
So, I usually play a movie from my Synlogy NAS via WiFi. Everything works good except 1 weird problem.
It sometimes (not all the time) dim the brightness a bit every time there is a dialogue on the movie.
The problem on the same file doesn't exist on my Windows 10 PC (using V*C app, not KODI).

I try to record the problem as good as possible in this 5 seconds video:
Click Here

I hope I can find any solution here. Thank you.
(2020-12-14, 03:37)raidan Wrote: [ -> ]It sometimes (not all the time) dim the brightness a bit every time there is a dialogue on the movie.

As in longer subtitles being displayed? Perhaps your TV update has enabled some auto-brightness function.
(2020-12-14, 12:22)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-14, 03:37)raidan Wrote: [ -> ]It sometimes (not all the time) dim the brightness a bit every time there is a dialogue on the movie.

As in longer subtitles being displayed? Perhaps your TV update has enabled some auto-brightness function.
I don't think that's the problem because the dim not always happen when there is a subtitle. I think the dimming is going like pulse following the dialogue or other sound.
I think I have a hard time to explain it  Confused I already turn off the auto brightness and the problem still exist.
(2020-12-14, 12:32)raidan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-14, 12:22)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think that's the problem because the dim not always happen when there is a subtitle. I think the dimming is going like pulse following the dialogue or other sound.
I think I have a hard time to explain it  Confused I already turn off the auto brightness and the problem still exist.

check something that is called advanced contrast enhancer, it is somewhere under picture settings
(2020-12-14, 12:42)kinggo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-14, 12:32)raidan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-14, 12:22)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]As in longer subtitles being displayed? Perhaps your TV update has enabled some auto-brightness function.

check something that is called advanced contrast enhancer, it is somewhere under picture settings
I turned that off and still same. Actually the problem only exist in KODI, Netflix and YouTube don't have this problem.
Try set subtitles color Yellow, Blue or Gray and see if make any difference.