Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NFS not working with Kodi and Synology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been using Kodi to play movies from my Synology for the very long time. Recently after another update of Kodi I cannot access my media. When I try to add new media using browse I van see Synology top folder, cannot go into subfolder. When I add top folder I cannot see and play any contents. I can use my Synology with Plex but some movies are not playing there, so I need to fix my problem with Kodi. What is causing this problem and how to fix it? I have NFS enabled in Synology and correct rule, so all should work but is not working. Please help.
Can you post a screenshot of the Synology rules page settings for your connection, just to confirm everything is actually correct (especially with the squash and sub-folder settings)?

Also are you still using the correct and valid user credentials for the connection?
I have fixed the issue by reinstalling Kodi. All is working just fine. Looks that upgrade to new version resulted in some problems.
Thread marked solved.
Sorry to thread steal here but I am having a similar issue.  I know this is marked as solved but hopefully someone will respond as it's basically the same subject.

I have also been using NFS, Synology (Thecus previously) and Kodi since about version 12 of XMBC....

I needed to add some more episodes to a TV show today and when I ran the library update, I noticed it only added a few and not all.  So I checked the file permissions etc, etc and everything was fine.  I then decided to remove the show and the directory from the managed sources and tried to re-add and that's where I came across these NFS errors:
ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
ERROR <general>: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) failed

I then manually added the source back to the sources.xml (see TV-7) and whilst I can see it in the managed sources when I try to select it, it says "couldn't connect to network share" but when I try another managed source, the same NFS address except for the target folder name changes, I can access without an issue. From the log:
ERROR <general>: Failed to open(//TV show/TV-7/) opendir call failed with "NFS: Lookup of /TV show/TV-7 failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)"
ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.0.100/volume1/video/TV show/TV-7/

Yet I can play any other movie or TV show already stored in the library with again the same NFS address but again different end target folder and that target folder is TV-7, the others being similar like TV-G, etc.

I have changed nothing on the DSM side of Synology and also tried reinstalling Kodi but cannot work this one out. Happy to post up a full debug log if needs be...

This is only happening on my Windows PC version of Kodi as I am able to access the same folder/browse NFS when adding media, etc. etc. on my Android TV versions of Kodi 19.
Please ignore the above.  Oddly a fresh install of Kodi followed by a reboot seems to have cured the issue.  A simple uninstall and reinstall did not; it took the reboot to finally resolve the issue.