Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV buffering with 4K mkv files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing with Kodi 19 on my Insignia 4K Fire TV that 4K mkv files will occasionally pause to buffer, or at least I'll refer to it here as buffering as that's my assumption. Tested with 3 or 4 files and see the same. Looking for help tracking down if this looks like a network issue, TV issue or something I can overcome with Kodi settings. Network connection is wifi to a nearby access point that always reports the connection speed is around 700-800 Mbps. That access point connects directly to an ERX router. Files are on a Synology 918 NAS which connects to a gigabit switch which connects to the ERX router. 918 NAS doesn't look taxed when I see the buffering pause happen.

I never see this happen with HD/3G videos. FWIW, I have Plex on this TV and it also buffers with 4K mkv files, and far more frequently than Kodi.

Below is the debug log from a session where I loaded an mkv file, it showed the buffering wheel on load (around line 1312), then started playing and then showed the buffering wheel a short while later (around line 1334) before it continued playing. I then stopped it and uploaded the log.

hastebin - ododiyexoy (kodi.tv)