Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: set resolution to 720p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have just installed Kodi on a Mi TV Stick on a TV in my daughter's bedroom. The TV is only capable of 720p resolution. The TV stick is set to 720p
However, kodi reports 1080p. If I go into system settings and try to change the resolution there is no option listed other than 1920x1080.
Why is there no other resolution listed as being available.
The GUI doesn't quite fit on the screen.
How can I get Kodi to match the resolution the TV is capable of?

Thanks
(2020-12-29, 06:28)farcus Wrote: [ -> ]The GUI doesn't quite fit on the screen.

That's probably because of the TV's overscan feature that is enabled by default. It's a souvenir from the days of the old thick tube TVs.
You'll need to find that option in your TV settings where a PC screen will be displayed 1:1
(2020-12-29, 17:19)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-29, 06:28)farcus Wrote: [ -> ]The GUI doesn't quite fit on the screen.

That's probably because of the TV's overscan feature that is enabled by default. It's a souvenir from the days of the old thick tube TVs.
You'll need to find that option in your TV settings where a PC screen will be displayed 1:1
thanks. TV doesn't have a "just scan" or equivalent setting - Found I was able to trun off overscan by using the HDMI > PC setting.

However, still doesn't explain why kodi believes my TV to be capable of 1080p when it certainly isn't. 
It's probably not a big deal - but just curious why the Mi Stick recognises that the tv isn't capable of 1080p but Kodi doesn't