Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thanks for maintaining the skin!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Normally I get worried when updates come through but Amber has been a pleasant experience.

The update that came out last night was a slight difference and reset my views but I saw some new stuff like Netflix style and dimming of unselected titles.

All up it was a nice update, thanks for the continued work on it!

ps. Is there a way to get back the previous menu item text colour? I saw the setting for colours but don't know the old hex code. The new colour seems a bit too bright in comparison
(2020-12-30, 01:24)twig Wrote: [ -> ]Normally I get worried when updates come through but Amber has been a pleasant experience.

The update that came out last night was a slight difference and reset my views but I saw some new stuff like Netflix style and dimming of unselected titles.

All up it was a nice update, thanks for the continued work on it!

ps. Is there a way to get back the previous menu item text colour? I saw the setting for colours but don't know the old hex code. The new colour seems a bit too bright in comparison
@twig , thanks! I apologize for resetting your views, but now Amber can use a new view selector that allows you to "lock" a view for specific content types or specific addons, as well as a host of new features.

The previous menu item text color is "Grey", which is hec code FF5E5E5E.  The highlighted menu item original Amber color is "Highlight" which is hex code FFf6b12b.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
All good, it didn't take long to change things back to how they were.
I just wish there was a way for you to notify us when these things happen.

Regarding colours for search/power, which setting should I change?
  • regular text color
  • horizontal menu glow bars tint
  • horizontal menu main bar tint
  • vertical menu/submenu background tint
ps. When going back and forth between settings/main menu, I noticed this issue is still happening: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../issues/18

(2020-12-31, 00:50)twig Wrote: [ -> ]All good, it didn't take long to change things back to how they were.
I just wish there was a way for you to notify us when these things happen.

Regarding colours for search/power, which setting should I change?
  • regular text color
  • horizontal menu glow bars tint
  • horizontal menu main bar tint
  • vertical menu/submenu background tint
ps. When going back and forth between settings/main menu, I noticed this issue is still happening: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../issues/18

@twig , my apologies for the late reply.  Happy New Year!

The color to change is regular text color.  As for the issue you mention with the background, thanks for reporting it.  I just fixed it, the change is on GitHub only at this time.  Please let me know if it is indeed fixed for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-01, 17:02)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@twig , my apologies for the late reply.  Happy New Year!

The color to change is regular text color.  As for the issue you mention with the background, thanks for reporting it.  I just fixed it, the change is on GitHub only at this time.  Please let me know if it is indeed fixed for you.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

No worries, and happy new year to you too!

Ah yep, regular text colour did the trick, thanks!

Awesome, no rush. I can wait until the next stable release. Will leave a reply to the fix on github
@twig , could you please confirm if the issue is fixed with version 3.2.123 (Kodi repo) or 3.2.124 (Amber repo)? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Can confirm, the issue has been fixed on both Kodi 18 and 19.

Thanks!