Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Play DTS codec on TV without DTS support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I'm going to buy a LG OLED CX Series TV, but it doesn't support DTS audio format (neither passthrough)
My contents has DTS audio. If I plug Kodi (Windows \ Linux) to the TV through HDMI, the TV will be able to play audio?
AFAIK, audio is managed by Kodi, so the TV should play it without problems. Is it right?

I don't understand what "No DTS support" means, if it's only for native apps or for external sources too

Can you help me?

Thanks
nobody knows?
So you only want to be able to get audio via the tv speakers? if so then sure Kodi can do that, just make sure DTS is not selected as a supported format and Kodi will decode the DTS audio to PCM to give you audio the TV can handle.
(2021-01-28, 23:02)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]So you only want to be able to get audio via the tv speakers? if so then sure Kodi can do that, just make sure DTS is not selected as a supported format and Kodi will decode the DTS audio to PCM to give you audio the TV can handle.
You mean to don't select DTS in the passthrough section, right?
That's what I said.
(2021-01-29, 10:34)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I said.

perfect, thank you.
I was looking for this almost everywhere and often people answered me something like "no support means no support". Also LG support wasn't able to answer clearly...
I'll go ahead with the CX then, thank you again