Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: no keys from AV remote control via CEC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have a RasPi 4 installed with current Raspbian and then Kodi on this from the regular Raspbian repository.
The RasPi is connected via HDMI to an AV receiver/amplifier (as one of four HDMI sources). The TV is then conneced on the AV receiver's output.
Audio and Video work fine via HDMI.

I had installed/configured the RasPI connected to my PC monitor and when complete moved it to the living room AV system.
After I had connected it to the AV receiver and booted it, on first start of Kodi this automatically detected and installed the CEC input library.
CEC works insofar as when I press a key on the RasPi's keyboard or move the mouse then the RasPi turns on AV receiver and TV automatically when they are off.
That means that CEC is there and _some_ functionality works.
But, no keypresses arrives at the RasPi when i press keys on the AV receiver's remote control.
I enabled debug logging and then looked at the log file and cannot see any trace of CEC keystrokes.

Should I expect this to work in this setup (e.g. RasPi not directly connected to a TV but to an AV receiver)?
Did anyone have success with such a setup?
Any ideas or hints what I could try to make this work?

(The AV receiver/ampifier is a Sony STR-DN1030.)
Well, nobody here had an idea but I found the solution by pure accident!

The AV receive's rremote control can also be used to control the TV (which is also a Sony). For this purpose, the remote control has kind of a "TV Shift" key.
Without it, the remote control's keys affect the AV receiver, obviously. When pressing the "TV Shift" key the remote control lights a "TV" status LED and from now on, the keys affect the TV and no longer the AV receiver.
This works until I press "TV Shift" again to turn off this mode.

Interestingly, when I press this "TV Shift" key to set this TV mode on the remote control, THEN the cursor/ok/back/menu buttons on the remote control are also passed to the Raspi/Kodi via CEC when it is the active source and displayed on the TV.
So with this simple extra keypress, everything now works as I wanted it.