Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Screenshots from files as fanart/thumb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
@mlaggner , is this included already in the 4.1 snapshot versions? If so, how is this activated/used? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
After setting ffmpeg binary location under General> System settings, select movie> enhanced editing> create a thumb does it for me.
(2021-01-09, 03:50)tars Wrote: [ -> ]After setting ffmpeg binary location under General> System settings, select movie> enhanced editing> create a thumb does it for me.

@tars, thank you! I will test that.

Regards,

Bart
How long should it take to create?  Nothing happens for me and when exiting the program it says threads are still running.
What's the file type?
Looks like it has a problem with matroska files while it creates a thumb for mp4/avi files immediately. Error log (trace.log too) doesn't help.
Code:
ERROR [tmmpool-unnamed-task-T2] o.t.u.m.actions.MovieCreateThumbAction:87 - could not create FFmpeg thumb - null
(2021-01-09, 16:24)tars Wrote: [ -> ]What's the file type?
Looks like it has a problem with matroska files while it creates a thumb for mp4/avi files immediately. Error log (trace.log too) doesn't help.
Code:
ERROR [tmmpool-unnamed-task-T2] o.t.u.m.actions.MovieCreateThumbAction:87 - could not create FFmpeg thumb - null
mkv
just tried that with a mkv here and there was no problem at all... There must be something different. Unfortunately the logs are not _good_ enough to localize the problem right now...
I will add some more logging for the next build
New log from the new build. Had to exit tmm to log:
Code:
ERROR [tmmpool-unnamed-task-T1] o.t.u.m.actions.MovieCreateThumbAction:87 - could not create FFmpeg thumb
java.lang.InterruptedException: null
    at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.waitFor(Unknown Source)
    at org.tinymediamanager.thirdparty.FFmpeg.executeCommand(FFmpeg.java:72)
    at org.tinymediamanager.thirdparty.FFmpeg.createStill(FFmpeg.java:51)
    at org.tinymediamanager.core.movie.MovieArtworkHelper.createThumbWithFfmpeg(MovieArtworkHelper.java:1293)
    at org.tinymediamanager.ui.movies.actions.MovieCreateThumbAction.lambda$processAction$0(MovieCreateThumbAction.java:84)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Just checked my temp folder and it has all still images created so far including those from mkv files.
It fails to create a still image from mkv file while tmm is running, and when exiting tmm the image gets immediately created in the temp folder.
just a question - are there spaces in the folder names of your movies?
(2021-01-09, 21:58)mlaggner Wrote: [ -> ]just a question - are there spaces in the folder names of your movies?
@mlaggner , in my case, all of my files are mkvs, and there are spaces in the folder names of all of my movies (all are named "Movie (year)"), as well as spaces in all of my episodes' folder names (all are in "Season xx" folders).

Regards,

Bart
For some mkv files it creates fine. Compared all kinds of media info between those, but can't find anything different.
But it could be file size. All successful extract was done with mkv files smaller than 2GB (some failed though). For bigger files, it almost fails.
What ffmeg command does it exactly use? I'll try with those failed files and see what happens.
The new build with alternative approach works worse. Not only mkv but mp4 files fail as well now.
Code:
ERROR [tmmpool-unnamed-task-T3] o.t.u.m.actions.MovieCreateThumbAction:87 - could not create FFmpeg thumb
java.io.IOException: could not create the still
    at org.tinymediamanager.thirdparty.FFmpeg.executeCommand(FFmpeg.java:91)
    at org.tinymediamanager.thirdparty.FFmpeg.createStill(FFmpeg.java:53)
    at org.tinymediamanager.core.movie.MovieArtworkHelper.createThumbWithFfmpeg(MovieArtworkHelper.java:1293)
    at org.tinymediamanager.ui.movies.actions.MovieCreateThumbAction.lambda$processAction$0(MovieCreateThumbAction.java:84)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I have changed the execution of the FFmpeg binary to ProcessBuilder and added a log for the complete command which will be run..
a new build should be up in a few minutes
Big mkv files fail with the same error. If I run the same command it works immediately. So the command doesn't look like an issue.
I wonder what ffmpeg says on the console when it fails and stalls, but can't see it. Can you make the error message logged?
Pages: 1 2 3