Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Testflight access to beta version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Version 1.11 has just been released on appstore!
Thanks, @kambala. Smile

With this 1.10.1 is history -- the version with the longest tenure since January 2021: 6 months up, 1 million sessions, 15k users each month and relatively low amount of 73 reported crashes.
Congrats on the successful tenure of that version! Let’s see if this new release can surpass if after all of our testing.

Curious as to how you’re able to determine the stats like sessions and users? I thought this app didn’t have telemetry.
(2022-10-16, 23:47)amasephy Wrote: [ -> ]Curious as to how you’re able to determine the stats like sessions and users? I thought this app didn’t have telemetry.
This is standard data provided by AppStore (iApp Analytics). The App does not do any data collection by itself.
that's iOS built-in telemetry, you should be able to control it in Settings - Privacy - Analytics & Improvements
Hi Buschel,

Is it normal for the now playing playlist to flicker the time remaining (on the top list item) and intermittently display the spinner in the middle of the screen while playback is paused? For some reason I’m just noticing this. It feels glitchy to me. Maybe it’s an artifact of the app “pinging” Kodi to check and see if playback has started from other means or something?
@amasephy, I just tried to reproduce this without success (simulation and my iPhone, Kodi 19.4). Maybe there's something about your use case which makes the difference. 
How I tested:
- Play a music album and play first or any or queue some movies and play first
- Pause it on NowPlaying screen and switch to playlist or
- Pause it on playlist screen or
- Pause it from Kodi
Buschel,

It only happens when “Party” mode is activated. I can reproduce consistently. I can post video if required.
Confirmed, but no regression. The code which causes this is integrated since 11 years now. I am not sure about its purpose, so I will for now not remove this.

Edit: Got it. It is fixed with a PR now.
New regression on iPadOS 16. When in full screen landscape album browsing and selecting an individual album, the screen now auto-rotates to portrait. Quite disturbing Sad
Did never observe this under previous OS versions.
Edit: same for movies, videos etc.
Fascinating. This is what can make app development less fun: changing behavior in OS and in SDK. I will check tomorrow if compiling it with new Xcode helps…

Thanks for raising this here!
Decided to check out the iPad version of this app thanks to UlfSchmidt’s post. Wow is it quite a different experience.

With that said here’s several bugs I found while checking it out.

1) Search bar cancel button is not visible until tapping in the search bar. Triggering a synch causes the problem to manifest again.

2) Tapping on remote control and dismissing leads to a state where the remote control is still selected on the side bar even though it’s not visible anymore. Ideally the previous category would go back to being selected without refreshing the right hand pane.

3) Going into full screen view on say movies and then open the remote control and tap the settings gear. Now tap something on the side menu such as movies. You have now escaped full screen mode but navigation gestures are disabled. Now swiping can occur. You have to go back and toggle full screen on and off again to get them to be enabled again.

4) While viewing information about a tv show by tapping on the “i” button in the lower right corner of the season list item the fanart (the one that is transparent and pans slowly) appears out of bounds if you pull the pane that slides out even further to the left.

5) TV shows without banner art has a collision issue where the TV symbol overlaps the show name. This issue is present in numerous places like Actor lists too.

6) Portrait to landscape rotation is blocked while in full screen mode. May be deliberate?

iPhone only: On the Now Playing playlist, hit edit: press and hold on the “burger button” this causes haptic feedback and the screen refreshes. It’s supposed to just let you slide the order of the list items. If you are fast enough you can still do it but it’s really finicky. On iPad it works fine.

Both versions: if you toggle edit several times in a row you will occasionally get the red circle with the minus sign if it next to the first entry. Usually it does not have that symbol but it does appear to follow some particular pattern of how many times you press edit.

As a side note- is there a reason you can’t browse individual songs or tv episodes while in full screen mode? It seems like you can only view album or show details?

Edit: to be clear I’m still on iOS and iPadOS 15.7
Quote:New regression on iPadOS 16. When in full screen landscape album browsing and selecting an individual album, the screen now auto-rotates to portrait. Quite disturbing 

Confirmed, happens with iOS 16, but not older versions. It is not solved when compiling with new Xcode 14.

@kambala, any idea where to look at, or how to block this rotation?
@amasephy, wow. Lot of findings now...

1) Confirmed. It's like this for ages and doesn't hurt. But of course it is a glitch.
2) Confirmed. Not sure how to solve this for now. Maybe just not highlighting the remote entry at all.
3) Confirmed. Will also be more complicated to understand the details.
4) Confirmed. Obviously a regression of my last changes when I reworked the fanart (you remember, arrows and such)
5) Can you share some screen shots?
6) Yes, there's even already a GitHub issue to support this (#215).
7) Playlist Edit, then longpress burger -> Confirmed. Never even attempted to longpress this item. Moving items around possible though, you just should not longpress the burger. Happens since 1.9, for me on both iPad and iPhone.
8) Toggling Edit -> I can see the red circle showing in front of the current playing item when toggling quick, but not in a certain sequence. Need to look at this,
9) Fullscreen for other items -> I just remember enabling this for a few additional items (e.g. music albums and artists). I can give this a try, but I am not sure where this will end up. Nothing for a quick next release Smile

Again. thanks a million for this feedback. Some of this I might be able to solve quick, some of this will not be simple.
Thanks to @amasephy for taking the time to check the iPad version too! Very much appreciated.

Don’t know whether I encountered all of the bugs listed by @amasephy, but for the ones I knew already, I didn’t find any of them worth noting despite the fact that I consider myself a "power user". For me most of these glitches where just intended behavior. I didn’t find some of these implementations well thought, but I didn’t bother either.

Several replies before @Buschel spoke about a grand makeover that may come with the next major version jump of the App. A big overhaul of the basic layout and philosophy behind might be the right time to fix all these strange implementations and to give the App a modern look and feel? I would be more than happy to contribute.