Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: White Studio Icons Add on - Not all displayed on library tv shows screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all
My best wishes for a happy and healthier new year.

I hope this post is in the correct section, my apologies if this is not the case.

I am using rapier skin for quite a while now and I am more than satisfied with it. I am the simplest user that exists, I don't write codes etc. I just like the skin because it shows all this information for my tv shows.

I recently discovered that not all the white studio icons are displayed on the bottom right corner. I downloaded the zip file from github resource.images.studios.white-master.zip, I unzipped it, found the icons online and added a few more like HBO Europe, HBO Nordic, BBC iPlayer, Spectrum, Canale 5, Rai 1, Viaplay which were not included originally. I zipped it again and updated the addon from zip file and it worked great! (happy me)
But I have in my tv shows folder a few series that the studio/network is not displayed: 1-een studio, 2-AXN Espana studio, 3-Television de Galicia studio, 4- RUV studio and 5- S4/C studio. 
When I added the HBO Europe icon and Viaplay icon and a few others I found online, I named the images exactly as shown on the tvdb, which from there the skin takes the info, but these 5 specific studios are not recognised, and my simple mind thinks it's because these studios have some kind of intonation, ie een is actually één, AXN Espana is AXN España, Television de Galicia is Televisión de Galicia, RUV is RÚV and S4/C has the slash in the filename. 
Is there a way to resolve this? Can these few studio/network icons get displayed? I use the 3D Wrap view on my tv show category.

Please see below pictures to explain myself better.

This is my tv shows library.
As you can see at the bottom right there is the studio icon I am referring. For this show (13 Reasons Why) the studio is NETFLIX. The NETFLIX icon is included in the addon (resource.images.studios.white-master.zip).

My library takes the info for the tv shows from www.tvdb.com as the information provider.

For this next tv show (Valhalla Murders), the studio icon does not appear.

If I press the i button, the show's information pop up and it looks like this

From what I understand it has to do with the filename of the studio icon image.
This studio was not included in the addon folder so I googled the studio, got the png image, edit it to match pixel size etc and paste it in the folder with all the studio icons (resource.images.studios.white-master)
zipped it again and updated the addon.
I named the image as RUV.png and also as RÚV.png but it still doesn't appear on my library.

When I add a new tv show, it has to be typed exactly as in the tvdb website, otherwise it will not show on the library.
Having that in mind and as well when I added the HBO Europe icon in the addon the first time, the filename was "HBO EUROPE.png" (all caps) and it didn't work.
When I renamed it to "HBO Europe.png" as it is on the tvdb website, it worked great and shown on my library [ Nwalma happy again ]

The studios that can't be shown at this moment are één, AXN España, Televisión de Galicia, RÚV and S4/C
I have tried all kinds of alternatives for all of them, like één and eén and éen and een and EEN and Een. ( https://www.thetvdb.com/companies/een )  
It doesn't make sense to me because there is a studio icon één.png in the folder named exactly as in the tvdb website and the icon is not shown in the library.
I can understand regarding the S4/C studio,  is the "/" as it can't be typed in the filename but the rest of them.... I don't know.
I even downloaded language packs addons in case it worked, language Spanish and French and Swedish that could contain the characters/letters with the intonation but that didn't work either (ha ha)

Any thoughts?

I'm sorry for the long post, it's the best way to explain myself
Maybe @ronie might know how to overcome the problem
for the S4/C studio, you need to create a folder named S4 and place a C.png image inside that folder.

since you're working with the source images, case sensitivity is important. (this does not apply to images compiled into a Textures.xbt file, where casing does not matter).
if you're unsure about the exact casing of a studio name, simple look in the kodi.log file.
it will tell you the exact image name it tries to find:
Code:
2021-01-10 20:57:17.010 T:141362   ERROR <general>: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/één.png

i'm not aware of any issues with accented or any other special characters... adding één.png to the resource addon works fine on my end.
(2021-01-10, 22:09)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]for the S4/C studio, you need to create a folder named S4 and place a C.png image inside that folder.
It worked!!!  S4/C studio icon is displayed in my library!
Many thanks ronie for this!! I owe you a box of chocolates!!

Quote:since you're working with the source images, case sensitivity is important. (this does not apply to images compiled into a Textures.xbt file, where casing does not matter).
if you're unsure about the exact casing of a studio name, simple look in the kodi.log file.
it will tell you the exact image name it tries to find:
2021-01-10 20:57:17.010 T:141362   ERROR <general>: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/één.png
After more than an hour of searching where this kodi.log file is stored, I found it (yeaaaah) and one line was this

2021-01-11 00:14:13.798 T:1142928256   ERROR: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.studios.white/AXN España.png

Does this mean that kodi is trying to find an AXN España.png file?
Because I have an icon with this exact filename in the folder along with the rest of the studio icons. See image below

This folder also contains the few studio icons I added like HBO Europe.png, that do not have any type of special characters like ñ or é and they are now displayed in my library, so I guess I did the update of the addon correct.

The highlighted below are all the icons I added, the ones with the green dot are those not displayed in my library. All 4 of them have some special accented letter.

Quote:i'm not aware of any issues with accented or any other special characters... adding één.png to the resource addon works fine on my end.
How did you add the png? Same way I did? Is it displayed in your library?
If you used this Textures.xbt file you mentioned, I have no idea what that is... (sorry)

I should mention that I am running kodi on a Librelec Rasberry Pi

Thank you for your time.