Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Get rid of RANDOM and JUST ADDED menu entries/displays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried to answer this by searching the web and forums, but the answers are never clear or are not appropriate for my situation.

I'm running KODI under OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3B and using the default Estuary skin.  For the most part it is working well.  However, would like to remove or suppress the "RANDOM ..." and/or "JUST ADDED ..." menu entries/displays in the MOVIES and TV SHOWS categories.  

Is this possible and simple for someone relatively new to KODI? Thanks....RDK
(2021-01-12, 16:28)rdk45 Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried to answer this by searching the web and forums, but the answers are never clear or are not appropriate for my situation.

I'm running KODI under OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3B and using the default Estuary skin.  For the most part it is working well.  However, would like to remove or suppress the "RANDOM ..." and/or "JUST ADDED ..." menu entries/displays in the MOVIES and TV SHOWS categories.  

Is this possible and simple for someone relatively new to KODI? Thanks....RDK

Settings->interface->configure skin. You will be prompted to download a plugin.

I haven't tested, but it seems simple enough.

It's all described in the wiki.

Add-on:Estuary/Settings - Official Kodi Wiki
Thanks...I looked at that and the add-on seems to want me to edit a url/file location and I have no real idea what I would want to change it to....Rob
OK, I've looked again at the add-on (Library Node Editor) to see if I could figure out how to get rid of the "Random Movies" row display within the Movies panel.  I've read the Wiki  add-on: library Node Editor and I don't see how it applies to my question/Problem.  It seems to be addressing the row of widgets across the top of the display ("recently Added, country, set, tags, etc) but not the full row below them which is the "Random Movies" row which I would like to eliminate.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to eliminate that row or at least say that it is not possible.  Thanks....RDK
I've removed the other thread you created, and moved this one into the Estuary section.

Removing rows/items from the Estuary skin should be possible by editing out the correct section(s) of the /skin.estuary/xml/Home.xml file, or possibly the /skin.estuary.extended/xml/Includes_Home.xml file.
Just make sure to make backups copies before you start editing.

Remapping a keyboard key to the Refresh.Skin option is also recommended. Stop/restarting Kodi for every skin modification is hard work.
(2021-01-12, 16:28)rdk45 Wrote: [ -> ]However, would like to remove or suppress the "RANDOM ..." and/or "JUST ADDED ..." menu entries/displays in the MOVIES and TV SHOWS categories.  
You need to access \Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\playlists in the program installation folder (not the Kodi data folder (wiki). I don't know where that is in OSMC.

In here you will see all the widgets. I don't recommend deleting them in case you want to restore at a later date, but rename the ones you don't want displayed.
@Karellen.....Thanks, that worked and gave me exactly what I wanted.  Here is the location for OSMC: 
ls /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/playlist

Thanks....RDK
Thread marked solved.
Anybody know where this can be changed on MacOS?