Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19 (Matrix) on Chromecast with Google TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I hope someone might be able to tell me if these issues are known or if I am doing something wrong.

I am currently running Kodi 19 Matrix (Beta) on Chromecast with Google TV connecting to Mediaportal TV Server (1.23) as the PVR. This, in the main, works well with the following issues:
  • Timeshifting does not work as expected, after pause, seeking through the timeshift does nothing.
  • When playing a recording, seek also does not work, causing the recording to stops playing and returns to the Kodi.
    • The recording does not seems to recognise any Comskip markers, in fact playback on some recording seems to jump to points in the recording.
      • Comskip markers might not be available in this version as I believe that they may have been removed in previous versions (17/18)
Any pointers or help with what I'm seeing would be much appreciated.
I decided to answer my own post in case it helps anyone else.

Firstly, time-shifting using the MediaPortal PVR client doesn't work. In my case I was connecting using RTSP streaming, as this was the only way I could connect to the MP TV Server on the MS Win10 backend. From what I was able to track down online on this issue it appear this implementation would need considerable rework to take advantage of the changes to the Kodi PVR client framework and enable time-shifting.

Additional I encountered problems with playback of TV recordings, such as when attempting to skip forward or backward the playback would stop and return to Kodi (as well as some weird audio issues on live TV with the sound being uneven).

I finally decided to go with NextPVR, which I had a much better experience with from the Kodi PVR client perspective with time-shifting and recorded TV playback working as expected. However the NextPVR doesn't have the same level of granularity when setting up and configuring that MP offers, which is a great pity. I also found recording and playback (at least through the MP frontend) rock solid, while I have had to restart the NextPVR Win service on few occasions. 

Over all the ability to watch traditional TV or use our streaming services as well as Steam Link for gaming that the Chromecast with Google TV offers is a great "one remote" solution that I have wanted for quite a while.
(2021-02-23, 21:12)jjdoherty Wrote: [ -> ]I decided to answer my own post in case it helps anyone else.

Firstly, time-shifting using the MediaPortal PVR client doesn't work. In my case I was connecting using RTSP streaming, as this was the only way I could connect to the MP TV Server on the MS Win10 backend. From what I was able to track down online on this issue it appear this implementation would need considerable rework to take advantage of the changes to the Kodi PVR client framework and enable time-shifting.

Additional I encountered problems with playback of TV recordings, such as when attempting to skip forward or backward the playback would stop and return to Kodi (as well as some weird audio issues on live TV with the sound being uneven).

I finally decided to go with NextPVR, which I had a much better experience with from the Kodi PVR client perspective with time-shifting and recorded TV playback working as expected. However the NextPVR doesn't have the same level of granularity when setting up and configuring that MP offers, which is a great pity. I also found recording and playback (at least through the MP frontend) rock solid, while I have had to restart the NextPVR Win service on few occasions. 

Over all the ability to watch traditional TV or use our streaming services as well as Steam Link for gaming that the Chromecast with Google TV offers is a great "one remote" solution that I have wanted for quite a while.
I have same issue with matrix 19 final on shield 2019 (and mediaportal groothuis 8.1 pvr add-on). While connecting using rtsp (only way to connect, others ways says permission denied), timeshifting don't work (even on recorded stream)

I rolled back to 18.9 (and mediaportal groothuis 3.5.18 pvr add-on). connection not using rtsp works and timeshifting also (except while recording, unable to go forward the time i started the recording. I need to stop and start the recording again)
log looks like 
2021-02-25 09:43:32.010 T:13815    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.mediaportal.tvserver: Open Live stream for channel uid=165
2021-02-25 09:43:32.588 T:13815    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.mediaportal.tvserver: Channel timeshift buffer: \\MEDIAPORTAL-PC\timeshiftbuffer\live13-0.ts.tsbuffer
2021-02-25 09:43:32.588 T:13815    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.mediaportal.tvserver: Sleeping 4 ms before opening stream: rtsp://192.168.1.25/stream13.0
2021-02-25 09:43:32.592 T:13815    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.mediaportal.tvserver: Creating a new TsReader...
2021-02-25 09:43:32.592 T:13815    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.mediaportal.tvserver: TsReader open '\\MEDIAPORTAL-PC\timeshiftbuffer\live13-0.ts.tsbuffer'
2021-02-25 09:43:32.592 T:13815    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.mediaportal.tvserver: Translate path \\MEDIAPORTAL-PC\timeshiftbuffer\live13-0.ts.tsbuffer -> smb://MEDIAPORTAL-PC/timeshiftbuffer/live13-0.ts.tsbuffer
2021-02-25 09:43:32.592 T:13815    INFO <general>: AddOnLog: pvr.mediaportal.tvserver: FileReader::OpenFile() smb://MEDIAPORTAL-PC/timeshiftbuffer/live13-0.ts.tsbuffer.
2021-02-25 09:43:32.608 T:13815   ERROR <general>: Unable to lookup host: 'MEDIAPORTAL-PC'
2021-02-25 09:43:32.638 T:13815    INFO <general>: Skipped 1 duplicate messages..
2021-02-25 09:43:32.638 T:13815    INFO <general>: SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://MEDIAPORTAL-PC/timeshiftbuffer/live13-0.ts.tsbuffer'
                                                   unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'
2021-02-25 09:43:32.652 T:13815   ERROR <general>: Unable to lookup host: 'MEDIAPORTAL-PC'

looks like a dns lookup error but it works in 18.9 and timeshiftbuffer path is defined in mediaportal and I cannot change it to ip path.

logs in kodi 18.9
2021-02-25 10:10:38.226 T:24963  NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Open Live stream for channel uid=165
2021-02-25 10:10:38.870 T:24963  NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Channel timeshift buffer: \\MEDIAPORTAL-PC\timeshiftbuffer\live13-0.ts.tsbuffer
2021-02-25 10:10:38.870 T:24963  NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Creating a new TsReader...
2021-02-25 10:10:38.872 T:24963  NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: TsReader open '\\MEDIAPORTAL-PC\timeshiftbuffer\live13-0.ts.tsbuffer'
2021-02-25 10:10:38.873 T:24963  NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Translate path \\MEDIAPORTAL-PC\timeshiftbuffer\live13-0.ts.tsbuffer -> smb://MEDIAPORTAL-PC/timeshiftbuffer/live13-0.ts.tsbuffer
2021-02-25 10:10:38.925 T:24963  NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: OpenLiveStream: success for channel id 165 (TF1 HD) on card 13
(2021-02-25, 11:38)warni Wrote: [ -> ]log looks like 

Do you need us to make the bold red font above the Post Reply button somewhat bigger?
Please use a pastebin website.
Hi,
I have the same problem.
I use chromecast with google tv and kodi with mediaportal pvr plugin.
From 2 days ago kodi update to 19 and i can't see TV.
I installed only mediaportal pvr plugin, nothing else, i only use to see TV.
I have try with all setting in pvr config (tsreader with rtsp, tsreader without rtsp, ffmpeg, ecc.), but i have always the same error: permission denied.
Someone managed to fix the problem?

Thanks in advanced
(2021-02-27, 11:59)ghirotre Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I have the same problem.
I use chromecast with google tv and kodi with mediaportal pvr plugin.
From 2 days ago kodi update to 19 and i can't see TV.
I installed only mediaportal pvr plugin, nothing else, i only use to see TV.
I have try with all setting in pvr config (tsreader with rtsp, tsreader without rtsp, ffmpeg, ecc.), but i have always the same error: permission denied.
Someone managed to fix the problem?

Thanks in advanced
Hi,
You can replace manually host name to ip address in unc path in sqlLite mediaportal database.
Install an sqllite editor (like sqllitestudio )
open sqllite file MP2TVE_3.s3db (in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database) with sqllitestudio
open table card -> replace all hostname by ip address in column recordingFolder and timeshiftBuffer for all lines
open table recording -> replace all hostname by ip address in column fileName for all lines

It will work like 18.9 version.

PS : you will have to define a static address ip for your server. if not, IP address of your server can be changed by your DHCP.
Hi,
I have fix the problem.
Now it is all ok.
To try ti fix i have try to navigate on server samba share, from file manager, with no luck.
So i read in the forum that kodi 19 have a bug, it can connect only a password samba share from windows 10 server. From my nas it connect withuot password, but from windows server with mediaportal it is impossible.
So i have protect the share with password and all it is ok now.
So i don t need to modify database (modify resolvname to ip address, my server have a static ip in my lan).
Thanks to all