Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Output of add-on to be redirected to different HDMI port
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I have Kodi (so for on LibreElec, but will migrate to other distro eventually), serving as DVBT2 tuner and video player - connected to hdmi0 - plasma screen. Recently I got old notebook LCD and controller and power unit. I want to use that screen as secondary screen to hdmi1, parsing different info. For simplicity, let's think just clock. 
 I need output to hdmi1 as independent - so hdmi0 doesn't mirror to hdmi1 and/or vice-versa.

Questions please:
 1) Can Kodi display content of add-on to other display (so far I was not able to find it in Kodi/google/forums)?
 2) If ^^  can't be done, can be the output of executable script outside of Kodi (on OS level) be redirected to hdmi1, while keeping Movie/TV playback on? I understand this might be more relevant to https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/ and I already searched to no avail (could be my keywords..)

Disclaimer: I do appreciate any feedback; Yes, I'm lame and terrible coder and ~2hrs of looking into various documentations, snippet was not very helpful. Could be my lack of knowledge, yes. 

thanks,
Kny2tl
OK, once I wrote it, it came to my mind that 2) is easily done - having linux distro display Kodi on hdmi0 and have ie terminal on hdmi1. stupid me. Anyway, 1) is still valid and would save me from migrating to distro,..) Apologies..