Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Import Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
There exist the function to export-/import a video library. This can be executed via "Settings -> medium -> Library ->
- cleanup library
- export library
- import library"
The export works fine and creates a dir called "kodi_videodb_2021-01016". There is a file called videodb.xml
If I try to import the library I cann't see the file. I see only the sub-dir (and they are empty):
- actors
- movies
- musicvideos
- tvshows

The file videodb.xml is missing even the file exist at this location.
This behavior unfortunately exists a long time of KODI versions.
My hardware are raspberry 2B, 3B and 4B. On 2B and 3B is OpenELEC and on 4B LibreELEC installed. 
I guess this is a bug. Does anyone had success to import the library on a raspberry?
You are not meant to select a file. You select the backup folder and Kodi does the rest, so there is no bug as this is the way it is meant to be.

We don't recommend the single file export for Video Library. You should use the Separate Files method.
(2021-01-19, 11:20)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]You are not meant to select a file. You select the backup folder and Kodi does the rest, so there is no bug as this is the way it is meant to be.

We don't recommend the single file export for Video Library. You should use the Separate Files method.

Thanks, this works. I was only confused while the export library function says it will generate an xml file.
(2021-01-19, 12:58)mlootz Wrote: [ -> ]I was only confused while the export library function says it will generate an xml file.
It does. But that is only one part of the Export. You select the folder because that is the entire export.

Just be aware of my recommendation to not use Single File export.
Thanks. This saved me a lot of time. And I used your recommendation to export multible files.