Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Anotherways how to connect Rpi4 with KODI to remote Synology NAS library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dears,

i am searching for mor ways how to connect remotely to my Synology NAS library from RPi 4 with KODI.
On local area network its clear and its working OK.

However, if i take the RPi4 KODI with me and want to connect the Synology NAS?

Synology has mobile app DS VIDEO which works remotely perfectly with iOS or Android via what they call QuickConnect ID (Synology accont).
Is there something neat like "quickconnect". My point is to avoid purchasing public IP address and configuring my NAS to be constantly exposed.

Please could you refer or inspire me with another neat ways?

Thank you

Kind Regards,
Martin
Does Plex run on the NAS? If so, you could install the Kodi Plex plugin and access your media that way.
(2021-01-21, 10:59)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]Does Plex run on the NAS? If so, you could install the Kodi Plex plugin and access your media that way.
Yes, there is PLEX package for Synology. WIll this work OK remotely via internet.. Raspberry PI with KODI in one location and NAS Synology in another location (Not the same network)?
(2021-01-21, 11:31)voleprdele Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-21, 10:59)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]Does Plex run on the NAS? If so, you could install the Kodi Plex plugin and access your media that way.
Yes, there is PLEX package for Synology. WIll this work OK remotely via internet.. Raspberry PI with KODI in one location and NAS Synology in another location (Not the same network)?

Yes it will, although you will have to purchase a Plex pass. The data will go through the Plex servers, so this isn't unreasonable.

If you want your Pi to access your NAS on your home network, you'd need to open your network for access, and in principle this is a security risk.
(2021-01-21, 10:25)voleprdele Wrote: [ -> ]i am searching for mor ways how to connect remotely to my Synology NAS library from RPi 4 with KODI.
On local area network its clear and its working OK.

Try WebDAV.  However currently I can only get HTTP connection working.  There is always issues with HTTPS.