Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RPi4 Libreelec 9.2.2 Hunds up on loading info (pics) in DB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

so my Pi4 acting very strange. Sometimes while I use page scroll to a list (Live-TV Channels/Movies/Episodes) it just hung up. No error just stop working.
Sometimes it reboots but no real Error message in the Log. Everything comes from another Pi (Tvheadend-Server/Samba)
It all worked on the RPi3 
but since I switched to the RPi4 it is doing this. Very annoying.

I do have CMA=128 in cmdline.txt and gpumem=192 in config.txt it does make it a little better but still with more than one task it seems while updating the artwork it hung up.
Please help finde the issue
LibreELEC 9.2.2 is certainly not the latest version. Try upgrading to 9.2.6 first.
If the problems persist, then provide a full debug log (wiki) via pastebin.
How much internal memory is in the RPI4?
(2021-01-22, 16:48)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]LibreELEC 9.2.2 is certainly not the latest version. Try upgrading to 9.2.6 first.
If the problems persist, then provide a full debug log (wiki) via pastebin.
How much internal memory is in the RPI4?

1GB
(2021-01-23, 03:44)tjost Wrote: [ -> ]1GB

There are 2GB, 4GB and 8GB models of the Pi 4. Your Raspberry Pi 4 cannot have 1GB RAM.
(2021-01-23, 11:55)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-23, 03:44)tjost Wrote: [ -> ]1GB

There are 2GB, 4GB and 8GB models of the Pi 4. Your Raspberry Pi 4 cannot have 1GB RAM.
I've seen, that u can buy 1 gb raspberry pi 4
(2021-01-23, 11:55)mcelliott Wrote: [ -> ]There are 2GB, 4GB and 8GB models of the Pi 4. Your Raspberry Pi 4 cannot have 1GB RAM.

Pi 4 1GB was an early configuration that was discontinued.  They reduced 2GB to $35 (same price as the 1GB), and that was probably the nail in the coffin.  You can see here the 1GB & 2GB were priced the same in February of last year, they probably had the intention to knock off the 1GB at that point.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/new-pri...-pi-4-2gb/
This isn't about pricings, but the RPi4 1GB model does have its own 'characteristics' and challenges.
so I might be a victim of the early adaptor problem
(2021-01-24, 01:15)tjost Wrote: [ -> ]so I might be a victim of the early adaptor problem

We will never know if you don't update to the latest LibreElec and post logs!
Educated guess: you are running into the well known memory limitation issues of the 1GB RPi4 model. If you had bothered to post pastekodi logs I'm pretty sure we'd have seen OOM killer entries in the journal - killing kodi because the RPi4 ran out of RAM.

I'd recommend testing with a fresh install of the latest nightly LE10 build on a separate SD card, the KMS video driver no longer needs large amounts of GPU memory so it should work better on the 1GB RPi4s.

so long,

Hias
(2021-01-24, 13:29)HiassofT Wrote: [ -> ]Educated guess: you are running into the well known memory limitation issues of the 1GB RPi4 model. If you had bothered to post pastekodi logs I'm pretty sure we'd have seen OOM killer entries in the journal - killing kodi because the RPi4 ran out of RAM.

I'd recommend testing with a fresh install of the latest nightly LE10 build on a separate SD card, the KMS video driver no longer needs large amounts of GPU memory so it should work better on the 1GB RPi4s.

so long,

Hias
ill try it first this will take a while, I report back.
(2021-01-24, 18:18)tjost Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-24, 13:29)HiassofT Wrote: [ -> ]Educated guess: you are running into the well known memory limitation issues of the 1GB RPi4 model. If you had bothered to post pastekodi logs I'm pretty sure we'd have seen OOM killer entries in the journal - killing kodi because the RPi4 ran out of RAM.

so long,

Hias
ill try it first this will take a while, I report back.
I updated the existing system and at first glance it feels better and Meroe responsive.