Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to merge the DV code into an 18.9 64bit build? Will it replace my existing build or does it have a different bundle ID?
(2021-01-25, 09:14)DaMacFunkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-25, 05:01)tvwatchzz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-25, 04:29)Angelots Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said Kodi app on the xh90 triggers dv for me. Only thing I am missing that probably never will get fixed is Dolby truehd.

So any advice how to trigger the dolby vision on the app for me? If we have the same tvs sony xh90 and it works for you that means maybe I did something wrong
Or your files are not encoded correctly?

No my files are coded correctly, tried on my fiend lg oled tv with the same movie on this modified kodi and dolby vision works perfectly for him. So it's not my files, it's something to do with this kodi app that dosnt trigger dolby vision on sony xh90, dolby atmos True HD 7.1 does work thou can even send a photo of dolby atmos 7.1 working but dolby vision ain't
(2021-01-25, 04:29)Angelots Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said Kodi app on the xh90 triggers dv for me. Only thing I am missing that probably never will get fixed is Dolby truehd.

So any advice how to trigger the dolby vision on the app for me? If we have the same tvs sony xh90 and it works for you that means maybe I did something wrong

My friends*
(2021-01-25, 11:43)tvwatchzz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-25, 05:01)tvwatchzz Wrote: [ -> ]So any advice how to trigger the dolby vision on the app for me? If we have the same tvs sony xh90 and it works for you that means maybe I did something wrong

No my files are coded correctly, tried on my fiend lg oled tv with the same movie on this modified kodi and dolby vision works perfectly for him. So it's not my files, it's something to do with this kodi app that dosnt trigger dolby vision on sony xh90, dolby atmos True HD 7.1 does work thou can even send a photo of dolby atmos 7.1 working but dolby vision ain't

If your Dolby truehd works within the Kodi android app of your tv than you have a gold mine, because nobody has done that yet, so dm me the photo or place to t here, I will check my settings so I can help you with the dv problem
(2021-01-25, 11:07)gil80 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to merge the DV code into an 18.9 64bit build? Will it replace my existing build or does it have a different bundle ID?

I have updated the main post with the Leia situation.

The Leia build my @sk83 isn't updated with the changes @quietvoid made.
So to avoid more confusion I would rather have all versions in sink with each other but I can't work on 4 different versions at once.
(2021-01-25, 13:56)fandangos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-25, 11:07)gil80 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to merge the DV code into an 18.9 64bit build? Will it replace my existing build or does it have a different bundle ID?

So to avoid more confusion I would rather have all versions in sink with each other but I can't work on 4 different versions at once.

Thanks for your effort brother, but there has to be somebody that could take over the 18.9 builds

If I knew how to do it, I definitely would...
(2021-01-25, 04:29)Angelots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-25, 03:54)tvwatchzz Wrote: [ -> ]You mean it's working on the kodi app on sony xh90 tv or the Nvidia connected to the sony xh90 with the app on Nvidia?

That's now what I'm saying. On Disney plus it's triggering the dolby vision on my sony xh90, but this new kodi modified app dosnt work with dolby vision it dosnt not trigger it for me, so how can I fix this? Can anyone help?

Like I said Kodi app on the xh90 triggers dv for me. Only thing I am missing that probably never will get fixed is Dolby truehd.

- used the latest Kodi 19 32bit build
- configured settings: i haven’t change anything display related from a clean build!
- files are on a nas that is connected with a smb connection.

Dv files working: p5, p7 en p8

For some reason p4 is NOT working!

So if you are testing it with p4 dv files, maybe that’s the issue.
(2021-01-25, 14:03)Angelots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-25, 13:56)fandangos Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for your effort brother, but there has to be somebody that could take over the 18.9 builds

If I knew how to do it, I definitely would...

I’m currently using this 18.9 build with advancedsettings.xml from @sk83 and it works like 95% of the time. I have approximately 210 profile 7 dv mkv movies and I rarely have one that doesn’t trigger dv the first time. It even works without having dv activated in shield pro. You should give it a try.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2998093
(2021-01-25, 13:55)Angelots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-25, 11:43)tvwatchzz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-25, 09:14)DaMacFunkin Wrote: [ -> ]Or your files are not encoded correctly?

If your Dolby truehd works within the Kodi android app of your tv than you have a gold mine, because nobody has done that yet, so dm me the photo or place to t here, I will check my settings so I can help you with the dv problem

Here's the photo of true HD 7,1 working
https://pasteboard.co/JLi3fCn.jpg

And the file is a Mkv and it's working on my friends kodi without problem but for me dolby vision ain't triggering
(2021-01-25, 17:23)tvwatchzz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-25, 13:55)Angelots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-01-25, 11:43)tvwatchzz Wrote: [ -> ]No my files are coded correctly, tried on my fiend lg oled tv with the same movie on this modified kodi and dolby vision works perfectly for him. So it's not my files, it's something to do with this kodi app that dosnt trigger dolby vision on sony xh90, dolby atmos True HD 7.1 does work thou can even send a photo of dolby atmos 7.1 working but dolby vision ain't

Here's the photo of true HD 7,1 working
https://pasteboard.co/JLi3fCn.jpg

And the file is a Mkv and it's working on my friends kodi without problem but for me dolby vision ain't triggering

way off here.......and, no, that's not what you think it is.
Hi there!

Thank you guys for your tremendous efforts, this is like a dream come true with my Ugoos AM6Plus. I hope I am not wrong that I am using the 32 bit build from the updated first post if this thread.
All DV MKVs that I have (and the test mkvs play fine, sometimes on 2nd or 3rd try, but that is not a problem)

Kudos to all of you! Smile

Although, I have a question, some of my movies which are DV are in MP4 format, is there any way to play those as well with Kodi right now? In the "previous" thread, which was getting crumbled I saw an MP4+MKV build as well, but that link is not working anymore, and I think it might be outdated to compared to the builds in this thread.

Am I wrong to think that at this time I cannot remux that mp4 into a DV mkv? I've seen that makemkv support dv, although it cannot accept mp4. And I think mkvtoolnix has not been updated yet.

Thanks in advance!

Kristian
MP4 should work just fine.
What about MOV format? Is DV support planned for that in the future?
(2021-01-25, 19:43)fandangos Wrote: [ -> ]MP4 should work just fine.

Maybe my problem is that they are DL?
Here is what MediaInfo_GUI_20.09 says for the first movie:
https://paste.kodi.tv/aluxowerij

Second movie:
https://paste.kodi.tv/cuhijewoca

Thanks Smile
(2021-01-25, 19:54)fera27 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe my problem is that they are DL?
Here is what MediaInfo_GUI_20.09 says for the first movie:
https://paste.kodi.tv/aluxowerij

Second movie:
https://paste.kodi.tv/cuhijewoca

Thanks Smile

Dual track is unsupported.