Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thats great thanks Hoppel - do I need to download Matrix, Master or Test?
The test build isn’t there anymore. He wrote that he integrated all the code in his regular builds.

So you have the choice to download Matrix or Nexus (Master).

At the moment we don’t know, if @jogal ‘s Atmos TrueHD fix also works on android (offtopic here).

Try it.

Regards Hoppel
(2021-10-19, 10:18)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment we don’t know, if @jogal ‘s Atmos TrueHD fix also works on android (offtopic here).

Tested on my Shield TV and so far no dropouts.
Perfect! Well done at all the involved devs. Smile
Tested on Mavens Matrix build on my Minix U22 flashed with Ugoos AM6+ firmware and no atmos dropouts at all with Free Guy and Pirates of the Caribbean. Also DV FEL works well. Excellent job.
Hello,

would it be possible to combine the maven matrix version with something like this Kodi as tv launcher?
i am able to setup the matrix version in the link and get it working, only problem is the missing dolby vision feature.

I tried to build it myself from ubuntu by cloning Mavens version, but i am quite a noob and i am hitting unbelievably many issues during build.
(2021-10-18, 17:18)quietvoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-18, 16:59)mattmarsden Wrote: [ -> ]OK, yes I could try Mavens build. Do you have a build that you've built that I could try?
My builds are for Android 32 bit, so unless your device is compatible it won't really be useful to you.
It's here: https://mega.nz/file/4BVTTAoI#KBpPwfQZ1J...cjlh62Bh-s

PS: this build does not include the Atmos patch.

From what I'm reading on kodinerds, the patch has been added to the Maven builds.

This build works well on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K (2018).  DV content looks correct.  The Maven master builds all produce green/purple colors and don't trigger LLDV on the TV.
(2021-10-19, 23:16)wizziwig Wrote: [ -> ]This build works well on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K (2018).  DV content looks correct.  The Maven master builds all produce green/purple colors and don't trigger LLDV on the TV.

Interesting. Maybe the patches used by Maven diverged since then.

For the FireTV Stick 4K (and Max), I'm using this branch: https://github.com/quietvoid/xbmc/commit...oska_build
It includes the commits from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19099, which make any local Dolby Vision file playback correctly on the sticks.

In the branch, there is also forcing Dolby Vision and ignoring HDR10+, to avoid blank image output when both are in the file.
Nice.  Can someone who posts in the other forum please ask Maven to include these updated DV patches in his builds?  At the very least, in the FireTV labeled builds.  Thanks.
@wizziwig Did you recognize the special FireTV Builds for Matrix and Master?

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...r-Android/

Regards
(2021-10-19, 17:55)Dr.PhiI Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

would it be possible to combine the maven matrix version with something like this Kodi as tv launcher?
i am able to setup the matrix version in the link and get it working, only problem is the missing dolby vision feature.

I tried to build it myself from ubuntu by cloning Mavens version, but i am quite a noob and i am hitting unbelievably many issues during build.

Managed to solve it, if anyone is interested in apk or source data feel free to pm me.
(2021-10-20, 05:24)wizziwig Wrote: [ -> ]Nice.  Can someone who posts in the other forum please ask Maven to include these updated DV patches in his builds?  At the very least, in the FireTV labeled builds.  Thanks.

@Maven generates new builds with the code of @quietvoid over night.

@quietvoid and @Maven thank you so much!

Regards Hoppel
(2021-10-20, 18:21)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]@Maven generates new builds with the code of @quietvoid over night.
Should be careful since the branch isn't really stable.
I'm not testing using a Shield TV and trying to end up with a decent patch for a PR in the future.

I was testing for https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19099 and noticed something.

With the FireTV Stick 4K Max (2021), that PR alone is enough to play MKV files in Dolby Vision.
The decoder used is regular HEVC, but apparently now the decoder can react to the Dolby Vision NALUs in the stream itself.

Using the same build on the 2018 FireTV Stick 4K, MKV files do not play in Dolby Vision.

So that's interesting. Maybe someone can check if the Shield behaves the same with only these patches and no custom FFmpeg.
Oh, thanks. First feedback of a user for his latest build was that DV isn’t working anymore.

Regards Hoppel
(2021-10-20, 20:46)hoppel118 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, thanks. First feedback of a user for his latest build was that DV isn’t working anymore.

Regards Hoppel

That user feedback was from a Shield owner.  I just tested "kodinerds-20211019-87ebf053f9-master-ATV-armeabi-v7a.apk" on a Fire TV 4K Stick (2018) and also don't get DV.  Just plays in SDR with wrong colors.  It appears the changes broke DV on Shield without fixing it on Fire TV.