Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks, atrocious was definitely a little harsh since it isn’t horrible. A true first world problem!
I have a quick question, maybe even a workaround to the current issue. AFAIK, Kodi doesn’t have the ffmpeg with the DV x265 support. What if I copied the Kodi files from the KodiNerds APK to my current one? Would that fix it or is there something more advanced than that?
This does not work for obvious reasons after testing. I decided to try and play a DV test file from an online source and it struggles to play (0% cache, never plays, etc.). This was an issue on the Kodi 19.0 but it is also an issue on Maven's builds for Kodi 19.4. Was there a fix for this? The file was very low in size besides the DV aspect!
Maven actually cooked up a Kodi add-on that functions as an updater of sorts. Basically it downloads the APK depending on the options you select. Then can fire up the file manager of your choice if you so choose:

https://github.com/Maven85/script.kodine...oid.update
(2022-03-22, 16:45)hceuterpe Wrote: [ -> ]Maven actually cooked up a Kodi add-on that functions as an updater of sorts. Basically it downloads the APK depending on the options you select. Then can fire up the file manager of your choice if you so choose:

https://github.com/Maven85/script.kodine...oid.update

Download and install as addon in Kodi and then can update Kodi 19.0 mod by fandagos to Kodi 19.4 modHuh
Hello everybody.

Forgive me if I ask a stupid question or a question that has already had many answers.

Is there a way to watch Dolby Vision FEL (BL + EL + RPU) bluray rips smoothly?

I have installed Maven Nexus build on my Android TV (Sony A8) but unfortunately the FEL files are played without Dolby Vision

No problem with BL+RPU.

Thank's
FEL not available. no way now
Can y'all suggest a version, either Matrix or Nexus, that doesn't suffer from audio dropouts?
Is this the correct version to play DV files on nvidia shield ?
(2022-01-01, 01:22)sniferx1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this and DV files finally playing via Kodi (Sideload) via my LG DV TV and my Shied TV Pro. 

Very quick question to the fantastic developers of this app.... I can see that link on the 1st page is for Kodi 19.0 and just want to check when this patch version available in Kodi 19.3.

Big thanks again....

Can you send a link to the kodi file for DV you downloaded for your shield pro. Would be greatly appreciated
"Use display HDR capabilities" = DISABLED still triggers HDR

Tested mavin's matrix and nexus builds. Both triggers HDR.

How do I prevent HDR signals. Any advancedsettings I can use to fully strip HDR?
(2022-03-28, 05:45)clockwerk Wrote: [ -> ]"Use display HDR capabilities" = DISABLED still triggers HDR

Tested mavin's matrix and nexus builds. Both triggers HDR.

How do I prevent HDR signals. Any advancedsettings I can use to fully strip HDR?

Read the description -

Quote:Switch display into HDR mode if media with HDR information is played.
If disabled, HDR information are applied using Kodi's internal HDR path.

To turn off HDR altogether try disabling it in the Shield settings.
(2022-03-28, 11:28)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Read the description -
Quote:Switch display into HDR mode if media with HDR information is played.
If disabled, HDR information are applied using Kodi's internal HDR path.

To turn off HDR altogether try disabling it in the Shield settings.

You can't turn off HDR on shield at all.

Since update 8.2, shield has the ability to do HDR>SDR BUT if you have a non-hdr screen.

You can't do HDR>SDR if you have a EDID HDR screen no matter what settings you choose. Kodi will still send the HDR signal.
The only hope now is Kodi. Any way can I block HDR metadata from playing using kodi.
Why do you even want to turn off HDR if you have an HDR TV and HDR content?

(2022-03-28, 13:06)clockwerk Wrote: [ -> ]You can't turn off HDR on shield at all.
Yes you can, just select a display mode without HDR in the custom display mode options.
I have tried Matrix and Nexus version of Maven's builds. Unfortunately both of them gave me audio dropout on Nvidia Shield Pro 2019..