Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I better off using the official Plex app for Nvidia Shield Pro for Dolby Vision MKV?
@bkrieger If you want to play DV MKVs with Kodi, you have to add a file / network source to Kodi (through SMB or NFS for example) and play the files from there. So don't use the Plex addon.
Ok,
Thank You. Do I do that within Kodi and will it find my PC files if it’s on the same Wi-Fi I network. Sorry, I had a PC Kodi setup on my PC but since all my files are on the same PC it was easier to setup the video libraries.

Thanks
@bkrieger  No offense, but I think you should try to read or watch some tutorials on how to setup Kodi in combination with network shares etc.

Not sure what you mean by an "ntjer" Kodi setup?

Regardless, you should make sure that your media files can be accessed by Kodi on your Nvidia Shield over the network using some kind of network protocol. Since you mention your files are on a PC and if this PC is running Windows, the easiest way is to share the files using a Windows file share (i.e. the SMB protocol).
Ok,
I will. The “ njer” was a spelling error. Meant PC setup.

Thanks
can kodinerds self auto update instead of manual downloading from the website every other day
Buenas que versión de kodi es la mejor para ver mkv dolby visión en la shield tv pro? He leído que habláis de mavel, e visto en mensajes anteriores link donde te dirige a una página para descargar versiones, pero salen en .apk.zip y no se puede instalar, alguien pasaría el link del kodi para ver dolby vision mkv como en el mod que había 19.0
Android Downloader for Kodinerds Matrix and Nexus

KN APK-Downloader
Version: 1.1.1+matrix.1 (Matrix)
Autor: Maven
Hochladen: 03.02.2022 07:31

https://repo.kodinerds.net/index.php?act...tem=Script
Perdona pero esto para que es?
Que es el repositorio lo que hay que instalar y luego el matrix mavel? Pero que es el matrix mavel? Pensaba que era una versión de kodi
English please.
(2022-04-24, 19:35)MrMagic Wrote: [ -> ]@bkrieger If you want to play DV MKVs with Kodi, you have to add a file / network source to Kodi (through SMB or NFS for example) and play the files from there. So don't use the Plex addon.

Ok, so I was able to get my windows files setup wirelessly with the Shield using SMB and with this Matrix build my movies now play in Dolby vision. 2 questions- would the Nexus build be any better since it is the newer version? Also should I stay with the the built in player or install another player such as Exo player, or what player is the best to use for Dolby vision?

Thank You
I would like to know this as well. Also, does the latest Maven Build play all Dolby Vision Files? ie MEL, FEL, 5, 7, 8?. tHANKS!
Anyone else open Kodi Maven today and have it completely reset itself? Like it looks like a fresh install of Kodi. My library is just gone. All my addons are still there but everything else was reset to day 1. I don't even know if I want to rebuild everything or just switch to Plex. What the actual F happenedHuh?
The weird thing is that for some reason dolby vision playback doesn’t go away. For the Nexus version, yes, but I don't want to use that, I like the matrix.