Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Android build with support for Dolby Vision MKV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why does kodinerds update every 2 to 3 days is it for bugs?
why the stutter on DV on every kodiners matrix build?
(2022-05-06, 10:15)EagleHome Wrote: [ -> ]why does kodinerds update every 2 to 3 days is it for bugs?
(2022-05-07, 10:15)EagleHome Wrote: [ -> ]why the stutter on DV on every kodiners matrix build?

Why are you asking questions about kodinerd builds on the Kodi forum, and not on the Kodinerds forum?
(2022-05-07, 11:11)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-06, 10:15)EagleHome Wrote: [ -> ]why does kodinerds update every 2 to 3 days is it for bugs?
(2022-05-07, 10:15)EagleHome Wrote: [ -> ]why the stutter on DV on every kodiners matrix build?

Why are you asking questions about kodinerd builds on the Kodi forum, and not on the Kodinerds forum?

I'd imagine it's because the Kodinerds forum uses the German language Big Grin
Also I think it's fair to talk about those builds in this thread until the official Kodi release finally supports Dolby Vision in MKV
(2022-05-07, 21:55)Draconix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-07, 11:11)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd imagine it's because the Kodinerds forum uses the German language Big Grin
Also I think it's fair to talk about those builds in this thread until the official Kodi release finally supports Dolby Vision in MKV
Thank You
(2022-05-07, 21:55)Draconix Wrote: [ -> ]I'd imagine it's because the Kodinerds forum uses the German language Big Grin
But it's not really fair to ask for help or report problems with them when they have code that's not in the official Kodi.
if someone can't get concept nightly, then better go to german forum
Not sure what may have changed recently on the Android TV based Maven Nexus builds.  But perhaps some good news:  The Fire TV Cube 2nd gen seemingly was a bit of an odd duck with the FireTV variant builds Maven had where at least for me it didn't play DV in any MKV (including Profile 5.  It didn't even recognize DV at all in any MKV file, and after scanning those particular files the app reported no HDR (or HDR10 only for profile 7 remux MVKs).  The Fire TV Max 4K behaved quite differently and played Profile 5 MKVs,  and IIRC both MEL and FEL Profile 7 remux MKVs.   Entirely different ARM SoC so I'm not surprised...

Now with more recent ATV based Nexus builds, my Fire TV Cube plays Profile 5 DV MKVs, along with MEL Profile 7 remux MKVs.  It triggers DV with Profile 7 FEL MKV remuxes,  but the color is off (heavy green tint).  It also recognizes DV and reports as such for all 3 sub-types.  

It's not 100% though.  It's like the DV engine at times gets stuck somehow and the colors don't switch over sometimes after successfully playing a DV title previously (sometimes even the exact same file).  A reboot of the Cube seems to correct this.
I have been running Kodi19 Final from this thread, now I see that people are talking about Kodinerd build is there any difference between those? I have been running the file from this thread fine and my MKV Dolby vision shows up fine and shows Dolby vision logo on my LG C9 OLED with shield tv. Do I need to update to kodinerd build?
I think you're mistaken because even v20 does play DV MKV's yet.
(2022-05-12, 01:48)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I think you're mistaken because even v20 does play DV MKV's yet.

I believe he's referring to the build from the first post in this thread. To answer his question... I think that the build in this thread is based on Matrix 19.0, which is a bit outdated. The Kodinerds builds are created using the newer Matrix 19.4 or Nexus 20.0 versions, so it should have a lot of additional fixes. If you're not having any problems with this build, then no you probably don't need to switch to Kodinerds.
(2021-06-11, 20:33)Kristijan1001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-05, 11:56)nohajc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-05, 02:53)Kristijan1001 Wrote: [ -> ]Sony Android TV Here. Dolby Vision icon shows up top right corner. But the movie has black screen, if i pause it the screen shows up, if i unpause it goes back to black screen.
Which model?

Sorry for late replies. The model is kd-55af8 and Dolby Vision is still currently broken in the latest Kodi Version.

Any updates on this ? Thank you.
(2022-05-12, 19:37)Kristijan1001 Wrote: [ -> ]Any updates on this ? Thank you.

Nothing that can be done on Kodi's side.

Try different files, some SoCs show a black screen when:
1) profile 7 FEL (UHD Blu-ray)
2) Dolby Vision and HDR10+

So try other types of files.
Might also be worthwhile to try a basic player like JustPlayer to level set.  It's what helped me to FINALLY figure out which combination of builds to use to get profile 5 DV MKV files to actually play ok on my Fire TV Cube. Though keep in mind JustPlayer indeed is a very basic video player based on ExoPlayer so it doesn't have nearly the feature set nor capabilities (especially in terms of network/remote playback sources) that Kodi has. So it's easiest just to load file to something like a flash drive  if you want to try out.
(2022-05-13, 00:12)quietvoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-12, 19:37)Kristijan1001 Wrote: [ -> ]Any updates on this ? Thank you.

Nothing that can be done on Kodi's side.

Try different files, some SoCs show a black screen when:
1) profile 7 FEL (UHD Blu-ray)
2) Dolby Vision and HDR10+

So try other types of files.
Just installed the ALPHA Build and it does work on it.