Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to add a dedicated Brightness or Contrast control in Fullscreen Video?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haven't posted here in a while as with appropriate searching and consulting the wiki, I can usually find what I need, but I have struggled this time.

Please note the following taken from the <FullScreenVideo> part of my keymap for keyboard.xml :-
Code:
      <four mod="ctrl,alt">AudioDelay</four>
      <five mod="ctrl,alt">SubtitleDelay</five>
      <six mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(123)</six>
      <seven mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(124)</seven>
      <eight mod="ctrl,alt">ActivateWindow(125)</eight>

I set it up to use modified keys as a method of using FLIRC and not interfering with my regular keymap, although of course they work on a USB or bluetooth keyboard as well.  In fullscreen video this gives me easy access to things I often need to adjust, quickly, without having to make lots of button presses.  I map them to the colour buttons for ease of use, so for example yellow 🟡 (six mod="ctrl,alt") with this keymap brings up Video Settings in FullscreenVideo window.

What I am looking for and can't seem to find by looking at Action IDs and Window IDs, is the equivalent control for Brightness and Contrast.  With my particular setup using an OSMC Vero 4K I sometimes need to boost the contrast or brightness (or both) of 4K content on my particular set and I would like shortcuts so I don't have to dig through menus while a video plays, I just have a drop down mini dialogue for Brightness and Contrast the same way I currently do for AudioDelay and SubtitleDelay.

Is this possible?  If so what dialog or window am I calling by name or ID?  Despite searching around I can't seem to find how to do this, and DialogSettings.xml in skin files is a generic basis for osdvideosettings and osdaudiosettings among others so I can't just find the correct <onclick> from there.

Thanks in advance.
I had been looking for the exact same thing. I couldn't find a way to do it. So I hacked together an addon that simply opens the video settings, hits the down button 8 times and clicks select to open the brightness dialog.
It's clunky but it works.

https://github.com/geoffstewart/script.brightness