Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Folder shows folder icon not art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a drive full of TV series... Folder is the name of the series, and in each series I have sub folders (Season 1, Season 2, Specials).

All of them are fine when I click TV SHOWS and view the list.

If I go to VIDEOS and click the folder there, everything is fine except one TV Series... LEGIT (2013).

I use to have it as LEGIT, and always scraped the wrong series and I had to tell it which one then it works fine, but still in VIDEOS looking at the files the folder is just the generic folder icon.

I moved the folder to my PC, ran cleanup, under VIDEOS it was still there but empty so deleted it. Ran cleanup again and rebooted.

Renamed the folder to LEGIT (2013) and the file names I updated to LEGIT (2013) as well (Legit (2013) - S01E01 - Title). Added it back to the drive, scanned for new content, picked up the correct series and scraped all the data and artwork, but when I go to VIDEOS and look at it that way, that folder is just the generic icon again.

When I right click on it and get the menu, in addition to what the other folders have (information, play, queue item, play next, add to favs, etc...) the LEGIT (2013) folder also shows SCAN TO LIBRARY... none of the other folders show that.

Such a minor thing but, can't figure it out... any ideas?
(2021-01-24, 07:37)THRobinson Wrote: [ -> ]When I right click on it and get the menu, in addition to what the other folders have (information, play, queue item, play next, add to favs, etc...) the LEGIT (2013) folder also shows SCAN TO LIBRARY... none of the other folders show that.
That indicates that your TV Show has not been scanned into the library correctly. Can you see the tv show and the episodes in the library?
Yup... when under TV SHOWS the proper artwork shows up, videos play fine, data is scraped etc....

When under VIDEOS everything works as it should just no folder artwork.

I've scraped it as LEGIT, which again I have to refresh and rescrape manually choosing LEGIT (2013), then removed it from the drive, cleaned the drive, renamed the folder and all the files to include (2013), added back and when I scanned for new items, it finds it and scrapes it without any issues. But even with the folder and files being renamed, still no folder art under VIDEOS.

Huh
I realize this post is a few years old, but I am having the same problem on two of my TV show folders. Specifically Star Trek discovery, and faulty towers. It’s interesting that Star Trek Picard, and Star Trek strange new worlds, are not having this problem. So I do not think it has anything to do with my naming convention. Very straightforward….

One slight difference I see is that if I pull up the menu on the folder I do not see “information” as an option on these two folders.
@THRobinson
I obviously lost track of your posts. Its no problem pinging me after a few days if I haven't responded.
Did you solve the issue?

(2022-05-15, 23:42)Itguy Wrote: [ -> ]but I am having the same problem on two of my TV show folders. Specifically Star Trek discovery, and faulty towers
Could you provide a Debug Log that captures you scraping Star Trek Discovery. Delete it from the library first.
Then provide a couple of screenshots that show the problem of missing artwork. Where exactly is it missing?
Are you using local artwork or scraped artwork?
Thanks for the reply. I was just coming back on the site to say I finally resolved it, but only at the complete loss of one of the two folders (including the shows within). Here is what I did. 

Tried removing the folder from the library, choosing NOT to delete the network folder when prompted, then re-scanned. Same result, folder icon, no "information" or "manage" context menu. But all of the files within the folder contained the show metadata downloaded from tvdb.

So, tried something a bit different.... Used my pc to connect to my network share, then changed the name of the folder to STD (from Star Trek Discovery). I then went into Kodi and removed the folder from the library. This time when it prompted me if I wanted to delete the folder, I carefully read it and verified that it said <networkfolder>\star trek discovery. I chose 'yes' to delete the folder because the path was incorrect. However, Kodi deleted the STD folder anyway!!! Ugh!

So.... luckily I backup my network drive nightly.... when I added the folder and files back, I performed an 'update' library... and bam! The folder now appears with the correct folder art, and does not have a folder icon. I now have "information" and "manage" menu options as well. 

So, I am afraid I am not able to get a debug log for you. I gotta say..... was very surprised when my STD folder was deleted even though the prompt asked if I wanted to delete "Star Trek Discovery". And thanks to this exercise I will forever think of Star Trek Discovery as an STD.  Rofl