Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WebUI on headless raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

Noob question here.  I've followed the installaton guide. I've installed with these commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

I've set it to run as a service with sudo systemctl start kodi

Can't find where to go from there. I understand there is a web-ui that needs to turned on, but I don't have a GUI.

How do I turn on the web-ui so I can continue with the setup?

Thanks in advance.
(2021-01-29, 07:02)steve_of_2620 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 

Noob question here.  I've followed the installaton guide. I've installed with these commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

I've set it to run as a service with sudo systemctl start kodi

Can't find where to go from there. I understand there is a web-ui that needs to turned on, but I don't have a GUI.

How do I turn on the web-ui so I can continue with the setup?

Thanks in advance.
Hi there!
Have you considered installing osmc instead? (it depends on your needs) it has kodi wrapped up and can serve as an interface for your Pi, it comes with the web API and settings for it are pretty straight forward.
Probably the simplest way is to plug in a screen and keyboard, set it up via the GUI and then unplug them again to continue running headless.
(2021-01-29, 14:09)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Probably the simplest way is to plug in a screen and keyboard, set it up via the GUI and then unplug them again to continue running headless.

Thanks for the answers guys.
If your RPi is dedicated to Kodi only, I would suggest you use OSMC or LibreELEC instead.  I tried both and now am using LibreELEC due to OSMC's bluetooth issues.  It's a lot faster with LibreELEC than RPi OS+Kodi.