Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RPi 4, Kodi no longer showing up on network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I doubt that this is a new issue... But I've just spent, literally, the last fours hours wrangling with this and searching all kinds of blogs and forums for an answer (including this one), to no avail.

Now, the details:

Kodi Leia (18.7) on a Raspberry Pi. The OS is Raspbian (buster). All devices are hard wired to the network. The Pi uses a static IP.

I normally use it to stream locally stored content to my Roku boxes. I do not use it for anything to (or from) the internet -- it is all internal LAN streaming.

It worked fine for a few years now. The problem that's cropped up started a couple of months ago . . . Kodi stopped showing up as a UPNP/DLNA device on my Roku box. If I restarted the Pi and then restarted Kodi, it would show up and work fine -- as long as I was using it. Go to bed, come back the next day, and it was gone again.

Now its gone altogether -- no matter what I do.

This issue seemed to crop up around the time I updated Raspbian and Kodi. This was a while back and, because I don't use all the time, I can't recall if there is a correlation there.

What I've done:

I've replaced the Roku box (it was a 3 and I upgraded to an Ultra 2020). Even so, Kodi does not show up on my second v3 Roku, the new Ultra, my Windows 10 system, or as a device in the VLC app on my phone. It used to.

I've completely removed (apt remove kodi, delete the /home/pi/.kodi directory), reinstalled (apt install kodi), and reconfigured Kodi (from its GUI).

I've shut down Kodi and installed minidlna. minidlna does show up in all my devices. I just don't like how it works and it excludes video files that should not be excluded - ones Kodi plays just fine. Anyway, this verified that (1) the Pi is talking on the network as are all the other devices and that (2) DLNA is working -- from minidlna anyway. After this test, I shut down minidlna.

Since minidlna uses port 8200, I backup up /home/pi/.kodi/userdata/upnpserver.xml and changed the <Port>1964</Port> line to <Port>8200</Port> and restarted Kodi with no change -- my devices still don't see Kodi. Afterwards, I changed the port back to 1964 (and restarted), in case I want to try and run minidlna and Kodi side-by-side at some point in the future (I am not doing that now). Incidentally, the value (1964 in this case), seem to change...

The ss -tuna | grep 1964 command reports:
tcp    LISTEN  0       100     0.0.0.0:1964     0.0.0.0:*

So it is listening on the proper port (and on all interfaces) -- there's never a ESTAB connection shown, which makes sense because that's the problem...

Any help / suggestions? What other information can I give that I may have missed?