Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Minimum zoom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At night, i like to zoom out on whatever video I have playing, so that the screen isn't as bright.  The minimum zoom is 0.5.  I've looked through config files to see if I can adjust that value.   Any suggestions?  I'm running on a pi3.  As an alternative, I'd settle for the ability to just black out the video output.  I haven't had much luck searching for that discussion without finding threads about video output issues.

Thanks.
Doesn't your TV/monitor have brightness/contrast buttons...?

Zooming out a video is sometimes possible when the video resolution is smaller than 1080p.
(2021-01-30, 12:45)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't your TV/monitor have brightness/contrast buttons...?

Zooming out a video is sometimes possible when the video resolution is smaller than 1080p.

I could, I just don't use the actual TV remote.  I pretty much only use Kodi with a simple usb remote.  The HDMI-CEC functions allow me to do everything I need: shut off the TV, wake it up, control volume.  I've seen a few discussions that go pretty in depth on hooking in those CEC controls to manage brightness with some quirks.  It seems like a simpler solution, in my use case ,would be to zoom to 0.1 or so when I want to listen to a podcast or something but darken the screen; however, the scale slider only goes down to 0.5.  I figured it has to be editable somewhere.  I haven't had much luck.
You can perhaps remap one of the remote keys to the zoom function. Low resolution videos would then appear in their native resolution as "zoomed out". But that trick will be work on >= 1080p videos. Other than that, set your TV to the low brightness from the start if you're only listening to podcasts, just drape some thin dark cloth over the TV (make sure the ascending heat can still flow free upwards).