Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi menu appears above the image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some time, while a video is playing, the Kodi menu appears above the image. I have to connect a keyboard to press the TAB key and it disappears. But after a while it happens again. Someone has been the same? thanks!!
More info is needed, especially kodi distribution and version. A debug log would include this information.
If you are on Kodi 19 it could be this issue: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19153
(2021-02-01, 14:55)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]More info is needed, especially kodi distribution and version. A debug log would include this information.
If you are on Kodi 19 it could be this issue: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/19153

Hello, 

the kodi version 16.1 (libreelec version 7.0.2 (kernel 4.4.13)).

Thanks for advance
(2021-02-01, 13:09)vdj88 Wrote: [ -> ]while a video is playing, the Kodi menu appears above the image.

How about a screenshot of that Kodi menu happening?

(2021-02-02, 11:44)vdj88 Wrote: [ -> ]the kodi version 16.1 (libreelec version 7.0.2 (kernel 4.4.13)).

That is an almost prehistoric version... If you can, please provide Kodi's debug log (wiki) for more internal details.
(2021-02-02, 12:23)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-01, 13:09)vdj88 Wrote: [ -> ]while a video is playing, the Kodi menu appears above the image.

How about a screenshot of that Kodi menu happening?
(2021-02-02, 11:44)vdj88 Wrote: [ -> ]the kodi version 16.1 (libreelec version 7.0.2 (kernel 4.4.13)).

That is an almost prehistoric version... If you can, please provide Kodi's debug log (wiki) for more internal details.
Thanks.

Well... It's an older version of LibrELEC alright.

And normally that menu bar will not appear during video play.
So do you have any other Kodi add-ons installed on that Android box? As said, a kodi log file would be helpful.

Also, apparently your TV/monitor still has overscan enabled. Or it's a global setting in Android. That's why the corners are not entirely visible.
Hello, i only have librelec.

The kodi log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g35qMA4...sp=sharing

than you very much
(2021-02-02, 17:36)vdj88 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i only have librelec.

The kodi log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g35qMA4...sp=sharing

than you very much
This is a crash log. Might not be the best to show what is going on.

I'm not a team member, so any advice from me is unofficial! However, Kodi has come a long way since the version you are using. I'd definitely update to the latest LibreElec and see if the problem is sorted for you.
Nothing in the log file stands out for me at the moment. Perhaps it's a glitch with the old(er) Kodi version running on the old(er) Android OS along with the rotate setting. Upgrading might not be an option with certain Android hardware.

You could opt for a 'simple' Raspberry Pi 3B+ or 4B setup, and run the latest Kodi version on that. A few extra tips from the customers (are you allowed to be open during Covid?) should easily pay for that.
(2021-02-03, 09:17)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ][font][font]Nada en el archivo de registro se destaca para mí en este momento. [/font][font]Tal vez sea una falla con la versión anterior de Kodi que se ejecuta en el sistema operativo Android anterior junto con la configuración de rotación. [/font][font]Es posible que la actualización no sea una opción con cierto hardware de Android. [/font][/font]

[font][font]Puede optar por una configuración 'simple' de Raspberry Pi 3B + o 4B y ejecutar la última versión de Kodi en eso. [/font][font]Algunos consejos adicionales de los clientes (¿se le permite estar abierto durante Covid?) Deberían pagarlo fácilmente.[/font][/font]
[font][font]thanks all, i will try to use the a new version.[/font][/font]
I never knew that I could write in Spanish...
(2021-02-03, 10:37)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]I never knew that I could write in Spanish...

Ups Sorry.
Big Grin