Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV will populate Movies will not But the 10 that do will also play all are mp4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I just downloaded Kodi a few hours ago, so new user. Windows 10 20h2

Processor    Intel® Core™ i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
Installed RAM    64.0 GB 2666
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
windows defender on but not scanning

I installed no issues
Source 6TB in a usb dock 3.1 G2 connected to usb 10Gbps io port

I added source file TV shows, Movie and scanned them and populated correctly but...

Every time I click my mouse there was 20+ seconds lag. Yes the imports were complete. So I moved the files to an internal ssd cleared the libraries, then added the new source locations as before. TV shows populated as before but the movies only show 10 recently add on the home page.

If I click movies nothing is there. Just the 10 in recently add. I cleared the movie library and removed the source, then re-added to try a new scan. No change.

How do I get the movies to populate? The scan did run and finished It was still running in the background for about 5 minutes (watching the hdd light) and seeing cpu usage never got above 10%. I have not tried to uninstall it and reinstall yet.
(2021-02-15, 02:43)Guttermedic1620 Wrote: [ -> ]How do I get the movies to populate?
Have a read of this setup guide first,, and you might spot where you went wrong... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

If that is of no help, then provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping your library, and we might spot what the problem is.
Update
I found the answer reading the wiki pages. I went to Event log, Nothing there but My profile login. I did change the event log types

Exported movie files and saw that they were imported because each movie listed as it was exporting. I checked the export file xml and all movies were there.

I went back to home/movies and nothing listed but top left it said movies/watched. I clicked the setting at the bottom left and changed it to all.
(2021-02-15, 03:16)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-15, 02:43)Guttermedic1620 Wrote: [ -> ]How do I get the movies to populate?
Have a read of this setup guide first,, and you might spot where you went wrong... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

If that is of no help, then provide a Debug Log which captures you scraping your library, and we might spot what the problem is.
I was typing an update as you posted. Thank you for your post.
Ok, great that you solved it, as I would have been investigating the scraping process, rather than your display settings. Smile

Enjoy.
Thread marked solved.