Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Force Addon Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to make it easier to force addon update, because I can be impatient, by adding a couple of favourites that I could also make skin shortcuts in AEON NOX SiLVO skin.

When I select the favourites I didn't see anything happen, these are the favourites I have set up in favourites.xml

When I selected check for updates below I got a YouTube update

Are my favourites coded correctly?
Why when I selected my favourites did that not force the YouTube addon update?

If I select 'Check for Updates' I always see a message checking for updates, even if there are no updates.

I am using Kodi 18.9 on a windows 10 laptop
(2021-02-16, 08:44)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to make it easier to force addon update, because I can be impatient, by adding a couple of favourites that I could also make skin shortcuts in AEON NOX SiLVO skin.

When I select the favourites I didn't see anything happen, these are the favourites I have set up in favourites.xml

If I select 'Check for Updates' I always see a message checking for updates, even if there are no updates.

Anyone able to help me understand why my update commands are not working?
(2021-02-20, 09:43)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-16, 08:44)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to make it easier to force addon update, because I can be impatient, by adding a couple of favourites that I could also make skin shortcuts in AEON NOX SiLVO skin.

Anyone able to help me understand why my update commands are not working?
If anyone can advise what I need to code in my favourite to force update addons, it will be much appreciated.