Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dolbyvision MKV support in v19 Matrix on Nvidia Shield TV Pro?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's the status of Dolbyvision support for MKV backups of 4K UHD discs?  I just upgraded to v19 on my 2019 Nvidia Shield TV Pro, but my MKVs still only output HDR10.  

My 4K UHD discs are backed up to MKV using makeMKV 1.15.4, which includes the DV data in the MKV container (the Plex app outputs DV for these same files on the same hardware, so it's definitely a Kodi issue).  Am I missing a new setting somewhere, or is DV still not supported in v19?  If it's not supported yet, is there a timeline for adding this feature?
(2021-02-21, 17:28)jdeluca34 Wrote: [ -> ]What's the status of Dolbyvision support for MKV backups of 4K UHD discs?  I just upgraded to v19 on my 2019 Nvidia Shield TV Pro, but my MKVs still only output HDR10.  

My 4K UHD discs are backed up to MKV using makeMKV 1.15.4, which includes the DV data in the MKV container (the Plex app outputs DV for these same files on the same hardware, so it's definitely a Kodi issue).  Am I missing a new setting somewhere, or is DV still not supported in v19?  If it's not supported yet, is there a timeline for adding this feature?
Never mind, found the correct thread for this.  
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360018