Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nothing changed from yesterday, but now no playback.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi People
I've been a long time user of Kodi and never had a issue, This morning I got up to my child telling me that they cant play battle bots any more.
I have checked the files and they are good and can be accessed via the Windows.
This is a Windows 10 system, With Kodi from the Windows store (because I'm lazy as like the auto updates) I don't believe a update has happened (still on a 2020 version).
My files are store on a NAS, and video files that played only a few hours ago no longer play.
My TV playback has also stopped working (HD Home Run via TV Headend).
When I tried to access the files the software just freezes on me.
Please find attached  a log file as any help would be great.
Log
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Thank you very much for your time looking over my log file, I do no use any add-ons that I know of.
All the files I have, I have took a backup from disk or time shifted it from live TV.
I've had a clean out of all add-on I don't use, I may if had something there I've tried and didn't like.
The log file has been re-uploaded, if anything is not right please let me know.
It seems to be losing the display, although I'm no Windows expert so don't know exactly why. If you change the resolution to 1080p does it work? Also if you disable refresh rate switching temporarily does it play the file?
OK, So I've changed the res and also disable refresh rate switching and bam ... it works ... now to switch them back on one at a time and see what happens.
I've changed the the res back to 4K, switch the auto refresh rate back on and it still works ... WTF Huh
I've rebooted and it still works .... I'm lost for words.
A Kodi team member give me s**t about a add on 'repository' not even a full add on, lol.
and Mr Jo Public with the knowledge helps out .... and in the past I've donated to the Kodi Team, lol ... 
Cheers FXB78.
(2021-02-21, 21:25)richyboypalm Wrote: [ -> ]The log file has been re-uploaded, if anything is not right please let me know.
You missed two entries. The orange-colored ones.

(2021-02-21, 21:45)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to be losing the display
Thanks for disregarding the forum rules.

(2021-02-21, 22:02)richyboypalm Wrote: [ -> ]A Kodi team member give me s**t about a add on 'repository' not even a full add on, lol.
We have forum rules (wiki) that includes a piracy policy (wiki). We expect you to abide them at all times.
There is no place for any piracy crap on this forum. A donation also does not exempt you from abiding the forum rules.
(2021-02-21, 23:05)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-21, 21:25)richyboypalm Wrote: [ -> ] 
(2021-02-21, 21:45)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to be losing the display
Thanks for disregarding the forum rules.
He posted a clean log file, I see no issues with it.

EDIT - Okay after looking very closely I can see the two repositories you are referring to. Can I suggest that you change the colour scheme of the log files because for people like me with deuteranomaly (Red/Green Colour blindness) it's almost impossible to pick out those colours.

So yes, it was my mistake.
(2021-02-21, 23:15)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Can I suggest that you change the colour scheme of the log files because for people like me with deuteranomaly (Red/Green Colour blindness) it's almost impossible to pick out those colours.

We were already limited on the available colors with the syntax highlighting. Sorry to hear about your eye condition, but I don't think we have an alternative for the time being.