Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dolby vision playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a .mkv in Dolby vision works with plex flawlessly but go-to play it in Kodi and it's just standard hdr? Thought Kodi 19 finally supported dolby vision or so it says it's supposed to, what am I missing to be able to do this? Nvidia shield pro with an lg c9 oled so I know I have dolby vision works from disney+, netflix, plex just not Kodi even tho it's supposed to according to postsHuh
I too have the same problem with Kodi playing DV movies.
Unfortunately I am struggling to set up Plex so can’t say if it works.
Most of my movies are in iso files so I produced a mkv file but still only plays in HDR.
Any help would be appreciated.
(2021-02-23, 21:09)aKeltic Wrote: [ -> ]plex just not Kodi even tho it's supposed to according to posts

Exactly which posts are those?
(2021-12-18, 23:09)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-23, 21:09)aKeltic Wrote: [ -> ]plex just not Kodi even tho it's supposed to according to posts

Exactly which posts are those?

So are we saying KODI does not handle DV files ?
I too was given the impression that 19.3 on the NVidia shield pro did produce Dolby Vision.
For file playback only DV in mp4 is currently supported in v19 official builds, in order to get mkv working you need an unofficial community build from https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360018