Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 19 audio stops playing when screen dims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll preface this by stating that under Kodi 18.9, same device, audio (music) has been playing reliably for many months.

Now Kodi 19, a number of things are been broken.

The most frustrating is that audio no longer plays reliably, stopping whenever the screen dims.
  • In Kodi 19 settings I have screen dimming turned OFF.
  • The device is configured to allow Kodi to play in the back ground.
  • The device dims the screen after 30 seconds; as soon as that happens Kodi stops playing.
  • When the screen is reactivated Kodi starts playing the current audio track from where it previously stopped.
Anyone know if there's a solution or work around to avoid this undesirable behaviour?

Thanks
(2021-02-24, 05:17)waddacrock Wrote: [ -> ]I'll preface this by stating that under Kodi 18.9, same device, audio (music) has been playing reliably for many months.

The most frustrating is that audio no longer plays reliably, stopping whenever the screen dims.
  • The device dims the screen after 30 seconds; as soon as that happens Kodi stops playing.
  • When the screen is reactivated Kodi starts playing the current audio track from where it previously stopped.
Anyone know if there's a solution or work around to avoid this undesirable behaviour?

Thanks
Had a similar issue. Resolved by excluding Google Backup Transport is excluded from Power saving.
(2021-02-28, 20:24)lovinnit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-24, 05:17)waddacrock Wrote: [ -> ]I'll preface this by stating that under Kodi 18.9, same device, audio (music) has been playing reliably for many months.

Thanks
Had a similar issue. Resolved by excluding Google Backup Transport is excluded from Power saving.
Forgot to add that I went back to 18.9. But if I am wondering if this would work on 19. Could you try?
(1970-07-06, 22:49)lovinnit Wrote: [ -> ]Had a similar issue. Resolved by excluding Google Backup Transport is excluded from Power saving.
I cannot find a setting for that. Have now given up.

Thanks