Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WebDAV shares not working since Matrix upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I use WebDAV (https) on Synology NAS to access my media folders remotly when I'm not home.
It was working fine before the Matrix upgrade, but now I have not access anymore.

I tried to delete my sources then to make them again but it didn't work.
I also tried to desinstall Kodi matrix, delete all configuration files then make a fresh install/configuration but it is still not working.

I tested my WebDAV server with another device (with the file explorer of Ubuntu) and I have access immediately.

Do you have any idea of what can cause the problem or what I can do ?

Thank you.

Anquetos
Hello,

I still not succeeded in making it works.
I downgraded to 18.9 and it is working again with no problem.

I made another test yesterday since I read somewhere on the forum that the update to the 2.4.0-0062 version of the WebDAV server on the NAS could help, but it was not the same for me.

I believe there is some kind of incompatibility between Kodi and my NAS with how shares are handled in Matrix.

If anyone has any idea, it would be great.

Thank you.

Thomas
Kodi 19.1 includes fixes for SMB shares. https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-matrix-191-release
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
I finally took the time to test 19.1 version.
Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same problem.
Downgrading again to 18.9 solved the problem.

To be precise, I'm not using SMB shares but WebDAV.

Is someone has another idea to do a remote share (NAS and client not on the same network)?

Thank you.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum