Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why No RetroPlayer in the official Matrix release?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its not that the cores cant be run, its that anything executable (ie the dylib core) has to be signed and cant be signed after the fact. So if garbear bundles all the cores in the tvos/ios build, they will most likely work without any hassles.

Mind you, all bets are off when you jailbreak, ive no idea how that works, so you would just have to work that out yourself about limitations for that.
(2021-03-01, 18:27)Shinobi_Wan Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! Thank you for the release! I'm going to give a try later on. My question is do I still need to download the binary addons to make the emulators work on Kodi or Retroplayer should be enough to run games? Also I remember I couldnt get the controller to link to Kodi because there was no option for it in system settings. Will I be able to link my controller to this build now?

Once again, thanks you for the release. Hopefully I can get this up & running on my ATV4

EDIT: Ok so I install the deb file from the github & everything works well but I ran into problems. I still cant configure my controller in settings/systems. When I go to Input, I only see Driver Settings & Enable controller support which the box is check & options for the Apple remote. I dont see a option to link my controller into Kodi. I also still cant run games because I need what @zachmorris  was saying is to build the emulators into binary addons. The only options that came up when running a game was Auto & & game called 2048 to link to retroplayer.

I remember downloading a bunch of emulators for Retroarch such as "nestopia_libretro_ios.dylib" in the Retroarch module but I have no clue how to build these into Games addons.

Can you upload a debug log showing the controlling being connected and buttons being pressed?
(2021-03-02, 03:23)garbear Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-03-01, 18:27)Shinobi_Wan Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! Thank you for the release! I'm going to give a try later on. My question is do I still need to download the binary addons to make the emulators work on Kodi or Retroplayer should be enough to run games? Also I remember I couldnt get the controller to link to Kodi because there was no option for it in system settings. Will I be able to link my controller to this build now?

Once again, thanks you for the release. Hopefully I can get this up & running on my ATV4

EDIT: Ok so I install the deb file from the github & everything works well but I ran into problems. I still cant configure my controller in settings/systems. When I go to Input, I only see Driver Settings & Enable controller support which the box is check & options for the Apple remote. I dont see a option to link my controller into Kodi. I also still cant run games because I need what @zachmorris  was saying is to build the emulators into binary addons. The only options that came up when running a game was Auto & & game called 2048 to link to retroplayer.

I remember downloading a bunch of emulators for Retroarch such as "nestopia_libretro_ios.dylib" in the Retroarch module but I have no clue how to build these into Games addons.

Can you upload a debug log showing the controlling being connected and buttons being pressed?
The problem is I dont have the option to connect my controller to Kodi. I think I suppose to connect my controller in "Configure attached controllers" Heres a screenshot of what I'm talking about. Do you still want a debug log?
Definitely show a log. Make sure peripheral.joystick addon is enabled. Connect your BT controller to the apple tv as any other controller for the device. Should work in the apple menus at least to confirm.

I honestly can't remember if I added the game controller stuff to tvos, but debug logs should show if it is or not
Looked at the pr that added gamecontroller support. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17675

Looks like I only did iOS. I mention something about tvos input handling needing to be rewritten, I'd have to look back into it to see why I couldn't add it at the time.

So short answer is gamecontrollers probably don't work for tvos
(2021-03-03, 04:49)Fuzzard Wrote: [ -> ]Looked at the pr that added gamecontroller support. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/17675

Looks like I only did iOS. I mention something about tvos input handling needing to be rewritten, I'd have to look back into it to see why I couldn't add it at the time.

So short answer is gamecontrollers probably don't work for tvos
Thank you for the update. No rush or anything if you have to look into the tvos situation. I'll post a log anyway by tomorrow
Doesnt look like it was a debug log. But doesnt matter. The peripheralbusdarwin stuff (the implementation for apples gamecontroller api) is explicitly disabled in current master for tvos, so not expected to work. 
I think some buttons may get processed by other input handling stuff, but cant remember exactly.
(2021-03-04, 23:26)Fuzzard Wrote: [ -> ]Doesnt look like it was a debug log. But doesnt matter. The peripheralbusdarwin stuff (the implementation for apples gamecontroller api) is explicitly disabled in current master for tvos, so not expected to work. 
I think some buttons may get processed by other input handling stuff, but cant remember exactly.

Ok thank you for your explanation.
Pages: 1 2