Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can no longer set source content type after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*EDIT* I figured out more of what the problem was so I've updated this post.
My sources show up in the file section and have all the appropriate paths in them as expected.  I can even browse into them and see the full list as if they are all in one big directory.  When I try to set content on the source it shows that it's set to none.  I select Moves or TV Shows as appropriate, it refreshes the database, and yet nothing changes.

I set this up a while ago, I copied in a sources.xml into the appropriate directory that has all the paths to my movies and TV shows, as well as the advancedsettings.xml file with my database.  After the upgrade it migrated the database, but when I select movies or TV shows it tells me I have to go add sources.
(2021-02-26, 04:13)KeithLM Wrote: [ -> ]I set this up a while ago, I copied in a sources.xml into the appropriate directory that has all the paths to my movies and TV shows, as well as the advancedsettings.xml file with my database.  After the upgrade it migrated the database, but when I select movies or TV shows it tells me I have to go add sources.  Why is it ignoring my sources.xml file?  Do I need to move it somewhere else?  The database has migrated, I found the list of movies and it has the correct path to the file, etc., so everything is there.

I had this problem. If your source is a SMB server this is what fixed for me. I found the solution on a Reddit thread (below): "setting my SMB protocol level from 1 for the minimum to 3 for the maximum Smile hopefully that works for you. It’s in settings, services, expert/SMB."
It's a new problem that just started with v19.0 and this fixed it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/l...t_connect/
That didn't seem to change anything.

I found that when I enter the files section I see the sources I've defined.  Each of my sources has multiple paths, and I can edit the source and see it has all the paths listed.  I can browse down into them.  I tried to Set Content on them, and they don't have a content type set.  I set the content, it'll refresh the database, but it doesn't actually set the content type.
(2021-02-26, 04:13)KeithLM Wrote: [ -> ]I copied in a sources.xml into the appropriate directory that has all the paths to my movies and TV shows, as well as the advancedsettings.xml file with my database.

Kodi's main reference/source is the video database. Manually edited entries in sources.xml are not automagically transferred into the database, you will need to go to the sources section in Kodi and "confirm" the edited sources. The sources.xml is basically more a backup file than an actively used reference.

(2021-02-26, 04:20)stumann Wrote: [ -> ]I had this problem. If your source is a SMB server this is what fixed for me.

Sorry, but this has NOTHING to do with SMB versions.
(2021-02-26, 04:31)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-26, 04:13)KeithLM Wrote: [ -> ]I copied in a sources.xml into the appropriate directory that has all the paths to my movies and TV shows, as well as the advancedsettings.xml file with my database.

Kodi's main reference/source is the video database. Manually edited entries in sources.xml are not automagically transferred into the database, you will need to go to the sources section in Kodi and "confirm" the edited sources. The sources.xml is basically more a backup file than an actively used reference.
(2021-02-26, 04:20)stumann Wrote: [ -> ]I had this problem. If your source is a SMB server this is what fixed for me.

Sorry, but this has NOTHING to do with SMB versions.

My sources exist, they are found, but they have no content type set and when I set it, it doesn't stick.
(2021-02-26, 04:34)KeithLM Wrote: [ -> ]My sources exist, they are found, but they have no content type set and when I set it, it doesn't stick.

That could be a bug in Kodi 19, no matter if you edited your sources.xml file or not. What Android device are you using?

Can you add a new temporary source in Kodi (just for testing), and add content settings for it? Then fully exit Kodi and restart it, and double-check the settings.
No actual media files will need to be present in that temporary source.
I'm on a Shield.  

I found the paths table doesn't have strContent or the other settings that I see for my top level paths make up the sources.  I've already dropped the table once and let it rebuild.  

I'll try adding another source.
It took me through the prompts, I set the type, it asked if I wanted to scan it, I said yes.  And while the source does show up in my file list, it still doesn't have a content type.
Okay, then that's obvious. Could you create a ticket at Kodi's Bug Tracker (see link at the top of this page), and add a full description as well as the Kodi debug log (wiki) (debugging-enabled, of course) so that the devs can start reproducing the error(s)?
(2021-02-26, 05:04)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, then that's obvious. Could you create a ticket at Kodi's Bug Tracker (see link at the top of this page), and add a full description as well as the Kodi debug log (wiki) (debugging-enabled, of course) so that the devs can start reproducing the error(s)?
Is there some way to roll back to the old version?  This sucks that I can't use this properly for now. 

I tried dropping the database tables again, I force stopped both instances of Kodi on my two different Shields, restarted one and let it do the migrate, and nothing.  Still the exact same behavior.
There is a way of downgrading on Android that has already been outlined elsewhere on this forum, a bit of searching should get you there.
I'm not the Android guru here, so it's best asking someone who knows how to do this properly.

Please create the bug ticket first. Bugs do not magically disappear over time.
(2021-02-26, 05:34)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]There is a way of downgrading on Android that has already been outlined elsewhere on this forum, a bit of searching should get you there.
I'm not the Android guru here, so it's best asking someone who knows how to do this properly.

Please create the bug ticket first.
I've created the ticket and uploaded the log.  Will I be notified if it's ever fixed?
(2021-02-26, 05:35)KeithLM Wrote: [ -> ]Will I be notified if it's ever fixed?

Perhaps not personally if you don't keep tabs on Github, otherwise it should be in the changelog of a newer Kodi release.
This has been solved.  Dave Blake posted this on my bug report:
Quote:This problem is with MariaDB, as discussed on the forum https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2994156
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3016444
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356405
Try 
mysql_upgrade -uroot -p --force
 on the server