Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No local actor thumbnails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

Got my movie library with local metadata and a large actors folder with thumb images, coming from Media Browser. Everything works fine with my local movie.nfo s, except actors thumbs.

With "Download actor thumbnails when adding to library" turned on in the library settings i tried this way in the .nfo file:

<actor>
     <name>...</name>
     <role>...</role>
     <thumb>D:\People\Actor Name\folder.jpg</thumb>
</actor>

<actor>

Didn't wok. No actor images appear in the movie information screen. Neither worked settimg local actor's folder as shared and trying:

<thumb>\\LocalPCName\People\Actor Name\folder.jpg</thumb>

Am I missing something? Maybe a syntax error?

Thanks in advance Wink
This is a from Kodi exported nfo file of a movie: https://paste.kodi.tv/basedigako.kodi
Find the differences Smile
(2021-02-26, 20:14)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]This is a from Kodi exported nfo file of a movie: https://paste.kodi.tv/basedigako.kodi
Find the differences Smile
Hi @Klojum , thank you for the answer.

Excuse my ignorance, but the only differences I see is that I don't have the <order> tag, and that thumbs point to a link.

Does it mean I must add the <order>? Or maybe I can't set <thumb> to a local folder image, only to a link?
(2021-02-26, 21:23)JoanC2 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it mean I must add the <order>?
No, that is optional. It just determines which order the actors are displayed in the information page.

Normally you add the actors images into a folder named .actors into each movie and tv show folder. So you would have one for each movie and tv show.

If you provide a Debug Log which captures you scanning a movie with the actors problem, I might be able to see what the issue is.
(2021-02-27, 02:06)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-26, 21:23)JoanC2 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it mean I must add the <order>?
No, that is optional. It just determines which order the actors are displayed in the information page.

Normally you add the actors images into a folder named .actors into each movie and tv show folder. So you would have one for each movie and tv show.

If you provide a Debug Log which captures you scanning a movie with the actors problem, I might be able to see what the issue is.

Thank you @Karellen 

I already have an .actors subfolder in some of my movie folders. But to me, if it's possible, use the single actors folder I have would be better than create about 300 .actos subfolders with about 10 images in each one, most of them repeated.

Here my kodi.log after refreshing a sample movie with my .nfo actor <thumb> tags:  https://paste.kodi.tv/oxanelaxeq.kodi
The sample movie title is "Ahora me ves 2"
@JoanC2

You have quite a few Banned Add-ons (wiki) installed which disqualifies you for support here. Please remove them for further support.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

But I'll give you a freebie. Kodi is searching for the images, but cannot find them at the URL you have entered.
xml:
DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url //JASALO/People/Jennifer_Aniston.jpg
DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url \\JASALO\People\Woody Harrelson\folder.jpg
Either the URL is wrong, or the image does not exist.
(2021-02-27, 22:40)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@JoanC2

You have quite a few Banned Add-ons (wiki) installed which disqualifies you for support here. Please remove them for further support.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

But I'll give you a freebie. Kodi is searching for the images, but cannot find them at the URL you have entered.
xml:
DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url //JASALO/People/Jennifer_Aniston.jpg
DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url \\JASALO\People\Woody Harrelson\folder.jpg
Either the URL is wrong, or the image does not exist.

Tanks again @Karellen

Sorry. I'm new in Kodi and didn't kow there where banned addons. Installed different ones googling for suggestions just to try.

I'll try to remove banned ones and ask again after. Supose I have to remove the ones in the wiki black list, isn't it?
(2021-02-28, 00:09)JoanC2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try to remove banned ones and ask again after. Supose I have to remove the ones in the wiki black list, isn't it?
Anything in Orange text in the log for a start. There may be others that we haven't logged in our system.

When you come back, if you haven't figured out the actors path issue, describe your setup.
Where are the actors images located, local drive, network?
Do you have other Sources for media in the network drive?
How have you added the paths for those into Kodi?
(2021-02-28, 02:10)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 00:09)JoanC2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try to remove banned ones and ask again after. Supose I have to remove the ones in the wiki black list, isn't it?
Anything in Orange text in the log for a start. There may be others that we haven't logged in our system.

When you come back, if you haven't figured out the actors path issue, describe your setup.
Where are the actors images located, local drive, network?
Do you have other Sources for media in the network drive?
How have you added the paths for those into Kodi?
Well that's my new kodi.log. Looks like now it's right, but I'm not sure. Plase tell me if there's something else to remove: https://paste.kodi.tv/anoconabaq.kodi

Anyway I have no network sources. Actors folder was in a local drive, different than the one with kodi installed. Now I've moved it to the same drive and it seems that kodi already finds the thumbs, but I'm not sure about the issue because my library has become quite messy. Think I'll remove it from kodi, order it a bit and add it again.

If  the issue comes again, or I find the cause of it I'll report.

Thanks again Wink
(2021-03-02, 01:14)JoanC2 Wrote: [ -> ]Think I'll remove it from kodi, order it a bit and add it again.
Sure, let us know if you get stuck again.

You seem to have some bad naming for your movies. eg FAST & FURIOUS\F2013 ast & Furious 6\ and a lot of your movies have the year at the start, and lots of junk in the name also. I note you are using Local Information Only scraper, so I can only assume you are using nfo files, but if you are trying to use a scraper, it will struggle with matching the names.

While you are rebuilding your library, and knowing you are using local artwork, ensure you have the correct Movie Set folder settings... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder