Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Python Quick Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just rolled back to 18.9, but i've noticed that Python 3 is still installed, and therefore some add ons are still broken.

To go back to Python 2, and get them all working, is it simply a case of uninstalling Python from control panel and reinstalling it?
You will need to uninstall (or roll back from the addon browser in Leia) those addons and reinstall earlier versions of the addons that are written in Python 2 (the versions for Leia).

Having Python 3 installed on your machine won't make any difference to anything, as anything written for Leia in Python 2 won't use it.
(2021-02-27, 12:55)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]You will need to uninstall (or roll back from the addon browser in Leia) those addons and reinstall earlier versions of the addons that are written in Python 2 (the versions for Leia).

Having Python 3 installed on your machine won't make any difference to anything, as anything written for Leia in Python 2 won't use it.
Thanks for clarifying. Problem is, when i try and install the Leia version of say IMDB Trailers, i get the message `the dependecy on Python 3 could not be satisfied’, and `not compatible with this version of Kodi’.
You're trying to install the Matrix version of the addon. You need to find the Leia version and install that.

If this is from the official repo, go into Leia and then addons > addon browser > browse > my addons > repository and go to the context menu for the Kodi repo and check for updates. That may help by reloading the repo.

If it's coming from a 3rd party source then you may need a leia repo or something (it's not an addon I use).
(2021-02-27, 18:11)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]You're trying to install the Matrix version of the addon. You need to find the Leia version and install that.

If this is from the official repo, go into Leia and then addons > addon browser > browse > my addons > repository and go to the context menu for the Kodi repo and check for updates. That may help by reloading the repo.

If it's coming from a 3rd party source then you may need a leia repo or something (it's not an addon I use).
All sorted now, i was installing the Leia versions, but i had failed to delete my profile when rolling back, so Kodi was still a bit Matrix.
OK. Rolling back versions (at least without fully nuking and starting again) is always an interesting challenge in all sorts of unexpected ways.

Thread marked solved.
(2021-02-27, 19:47)captainfearless Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-27, 18:11)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]All sorted now, i was installing the Leia versions, but i had failed to delete my profile when rolling back, so Kodi was still a bit Matrix.

Hi Darren. I have the same problem. Could you please advise what you mean with 'profile'. I don't have any user profiles steup. Do you mean delete the master profile xml?
Nevermind, just had to rollback all the depenedcies of add-in's and everything is good.
Yes, it's the master profile but essentially what you did with addons and dependencies.