Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Questions about Library (Custom Thumbs / Wrong Scan Result)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there...

I am trying to use the lib feature... and have a few questions...

I have scanned a few movies and everythign is workign great but 2 of the films have retrived the wrong poster.... yet seam to be the correct movie infomation...How do I fix.

Also

Some of the rarer movies have no poster at IMDB.... how exactly should i add my own posters... What rez should they be.. , what format?
Also after some more scannign some films have scanned in completly wrong.. how do i fix this?

In an way old version there was a way to scan a single file and manualy enter the name to search IMDB for.... is that still hidden somwhere?
Please read this page thoroughly and follow every promising link from it and read it even better.
Post any questions you might have afterwards (hint information page and scraper settings)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library
I can not see how that page helps my questions....

I'll try to simplify it and rephrase it. If this question can be answered i think then I will know wat to do.

Question:- I have scanned a directory of 500 films. Most have come fine.. some have the wrong movie infomation. How do I fix those titles?
from the movie title list, highlight a wrong one. bring up context menu. choose movie information. from the dialog, choose refresh. you should get a list to choose from, if the correct one isnt there, click manual.
kraqh3d Wrote:from the movie title list, highlight a wrong one. bring up context menu. choose movie information. from the dialog, choose refresh. you should get a list to choose from, if the correct one isnt there, click manual.

Thank you.. this soves about 98% of the problems!!!

So last thing is...

I know how to manualy setr a thumbnail... I was just woundering wat format and size these images shoudl be?
Jyujinkai Wrote:I can not see how that page helps my questions....
It may be clearer, I admit (and I will address that).
But an acute observation of this pic might just have taken you places?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Image:Imdb.jpg
hint, try the "get thumb" button. and now that you have the information, please request access to the manual wiki and update it.
sorry if i was unclear...

I was saying that i know how to attach a custom thumb using the "get thumb" button. I was just asking what resolution the tumbnail should be and what image type (jpg, png?)
i think it can be any resolution and any valid image type. it will be cached, however, at a fixed resolution and as a jpg.
Or as a png if it contains transparency. The size is defined as keeping the total number of pixels under the value you specify in advancedsettings.xml (defaults to 512) squared.

i.e. default is 512*512 = 262144 pixels. So it will be resized such that aspect ratio is kept, and the total number of pixels is less than 262144.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thank you guys...
I got a problem with the libaray too. If the movie I'm scanning got more then one cd, it appears as more then one movie in the libaray. How do I get it to show as one movie and make it play the whole movie when pressing play in libaray on that movie with more then one cd?
I had the same question.
I've search for the "get thumb" button but didn't find it... my xbmc is upgraded to latest version 2 weeks ago so I guess I must look harder Undecided

Most of my movies are recognized by imdb and get a thumb. Sometimes after booting up the xbox, some thumbs are gone. Then, after selecting the movie folder, the thumb is displayed in the second screen where I get to select my *.avi file or whatever.
Anyone experienced this and/or have a solution?

off topic:
I'm running xbmc for several weeks now, streaming everything from LAN.
It's the best thing I've ever seen and used. Flawless entertainment. Smile