Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [v19] Bug in italian translation causes crashes when installing addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some strings with parameters {0:s} {1:s} have been translated writing {0: s}{1: s} (with an added space)

These spaces cause a lot of crashes and we can't install any plugin 
Please update soon

Temporary fix:
(2021-02-28, 13:06)maxbambi Wrote: [ -> ]Some strings with parameters {0Confused} {1Confused} have been translated writing {0: s}{1: s} (with an added space)
Sometimes smileys are too much invasive...  Big Grin Big Grin

The text is: 
Code:
Some strings with parameters {0:s} {1:s} have been translated writing {0: s}{1: s} (with an added space)
(2021-02-28, 19:50)Giangi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-02-28, 13:06)maxbambi Wrote: [ -> ]Some strings with parameters {0Confused} {1Confused} have been translated writing {0: s}{1: s} (with an added space)
Sometimes smileys are too much invasive...  Big Grin Big Grin

The text is: 
Code:
Yes, but the important thing is to fix this issue soon!
@maxbambi
Thanks so much for reporting this.

We are currently working on moving translations to Weblate.
Currently we still have some remaining things to sort out, which is why we have not yet opened fully up for regular users and translators.

Once we open up, Weblate has great tools to fix these kind of issues.

I will take a note of this issue.
Kind of a side issue, but I thought the "feature" that forces Kodi to crash was introduced back when the format change was introduced as a way to find bugs in strings.  If so, is it still worthwhile to force this crash?

scott s.
@maxbambi
Can you please point to the exact strings having this issue?
I have looked through the Italian language file and can't find any.

Maybe it's already fixed?
(2021-07-05, 09:19)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it's already fixed?

Yes, it seems so. Just installed the Win version and strings are correct.
The wrong one were (if I remember correctly, right now I do not have a backup handy), saved from the current one
Code:
#. Keyboard layout name e.g. "English QWERTY"
msgctxt "#311"
msgid "{0:s} {1:s}"
msgstr "{0:s} {1:s}"

BTW: can we (users) ask to be enabled as translators? The transition to the new system has been completed?
(2021-07-14, 18:11)Giangi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it seems so. Just installed the Win version and strings are correct.
The wrong one were (if I remember correctly, right now I do not have a backup handy), saved from the current one
Code:
#. Keyboard layout name e.g. "English QWERTY"
msgctxt "#311"
msgid "{0:s} {1:s}"
msgstr "{0:s} {1:s}"

That sounds great.
I'll mark this thread as solved.

(2021-07-14, 18:11)Giangi Wrote: [ -> ]BTW: can we (users) ask to be enabled as translators? The transition to the new system has been completed?

Weblate is 100% ready now Wink

Everyone can help translate Kodi and all addons into their native language.
That will be a huge help.

You can follow this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363132